A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the royal family?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love them

4 28.57%
  • I really dont care at all

9 64.29%
  • hand ME a nine

1 7.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queen costs each UK taxpayer 62p a year

would you want to lose all of the spectacle and pageantry that the royal family provide or the conspiracy theories over diana or wacky prince charles and his organic farms or the tourism or the history for just over 1 penny a week?
    seriously what good would it do for great britain to get rid of the monarchy?
    i suppose everyone would be a a penny a week better off but so what?
    they dont do any harm in my opinion and 1p a week doesn't really bother me.

cheap at the price i say

Banned
    ahh **** it lads,

just clones to me at the end of the day eh.

Can you close this post because i really would rather just brown nose something important than try to gain a respectful view in this.

Just forget it lads eh its not important like you say

no no mr nine. you wasted more money then your *****ing about. i say this thread stays open so everyone cna point and laugh at your penny pinching george castanza ass.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

i'm not sure that hand me a nine is actually penny pinching, i think that he/she is more concerned with the principles of having to pay for something he/she doesn't want to pay for, which i can understand..
    there's no need for mockery though.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    isn't it about pub time over across the pond.. I suspect somebody had quite a few pints.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar
    there's no need for mockery though.
    im sorry i thought i was on the internet.

Banned
    Like i said mate dont worry about it.

Some people will look at this post and thing HUH??? Really I PAY FOR THEM?? What the fu.... or of course we do!

All i have been really left with is the defence of my own abilities and lashing out because im offended that my post i feel strongly about has been completely destroyed like usual because theres a certain group of people in here than all clump on eachothers views.

Who ever replies first out of that community, the others cant possibly lose face and just agree or even worse make a mockery out of the situation in order to have some kind of a say, however irrelevent to them, in yet another flashkit post.

I didnt ask if it was lame, ask about the cost, compare each others lands.

I simply have experienced not much co-op for the royal family, but right now have difficult talking to anyone about it.

Like i say, not to offend anyones, but all i have really had is flaming regarding myself as an individual.

And dont dare call me a penny pinching bastard you ****ing idiot. I do more than enough to help out others that dont have anything you ****ing ignorant ******.

Watch ill be banned now because "Sir Richard" was marred.

Close the thread eh, unless you want it open for flaming an me doing it back.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    what other taxes do you guys pay over in the uk?

do you have any of the following?

Federal taxes
    state taxes
    excise taxes
    Social security

any of those?
    We have similar tax structures, but the countries are obviously different - for example, we don't have a federal Government (as such, but I guess you could argue we do in a way).

Anyway...

We have National Insurance. This is similar to Social Security. Every individual has a NI number, similar to Social Security number. NI pays for your pension when you're older, as well partly paying for things like our National Health Service.

Income tax (sort-of-like-federal-tax-but-not-really) is charged on whatever you earn. You're allowed about £5,000 tax-free. Anything up to £33,000 a year is between 10%-25% tax. Then, once you're earning over £33,000 after your allowance (£37,000) then you pay 40% income tax.

Council tax (mini-state tax?) is paid to your local council. This is fixed depending on things like where you live and how big your house is. This pays for roads, street lighting and rubbish disposal. Local elections were held in May this year - purely for your local area, not to elect a government.

Note that these figures are rounded up/down and played with because really it's much more complicated, but you're probably bored already.

On another note...
    62p? A year? Is that it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    im sorry i thought i was on the internet.

seriously mate, are you 11 years of age?

He said a phrase and you have literally picked apart the meaning in english communication just to be a completel dickhead and add again another useless post that the forum mods will no doubt ban ME for.

(notice i said, he said!!!!!!!! HE DIDNT SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Notice i said "notice i said, he said!!!!!!!! HE DIDNT SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")

(Notice i said "(Notice i said "notice i said, he said!!!!!!!! HE DIDNT SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)")

Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by hand me a nine
    seriously mate, are you 11 years of age?

He said a phrase and you have literally picked apart the meaning in english communication just to be a completel dickhead and add again another useless post that the forum mods will no doubt ban ME for.

(notice i said, he said!!!!!!!! HE DIDNT SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Notice i said "notice i said, he said!!!!!!!! HE DIDNT SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")

(Notice i said "(Notice i said "notice i said, he said!!!!!!!! HE DIDNT SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)")
    omg close multiply that by 2.

asheep thank you very much for your well posted thought out response in regards to my question involving your tax structure. it helps to know what we are comparing when someone gets worked up over so little.

Banned
    On another note...
    62p? A year? Is that it?[/QUOTE]

Do you, and everyone in this forum want my bank account details so you can pay me 2moro?

Its not the money issue, i give the change of a note to a homeless person in town and over the years that has accrewed to alot.

Some people literally waste away from the inside because mummy and daddy didnt afford a new PC like you were given, yet these people, low as they are in life, know like me that there is an entire family whos every activity demands and recieved only the very very best?

Why cant i have that? Why cant you? Id rather pay you than than them? The only hard thing that they ever have done was be born, after that they were fed from platinum spoons.

hand me a nine, id offer to send you 62p.. however it would cost more to buy the stamps to ship it to you.

Registered pseudo intellectual
    I'd like to add some commentary here.

As a royalist through and through I was finding this thread quite insightful. However, there were several comments such as...

Life is as tough as ever, for every family yet still in this day and age we are forced to make a contribution to a family that no longer has any real benefits to the world. We will lose 0.000001% tourism if the queen ceased to exist which is much less in coins than we actually pay them per year.
    ...which led me to the conclusion that you, sir, are an idiot.

I was going to add some personal opinion to the discussion, but then realised this wasn't in fact a discussion, just a mindless monologue; a rant. A forum is a place for open debate, not weak-minded contradiction.

Like, if you believe that, your so narrow minded that i really cannot respect any of your views at all on this subject. You would lecture the world is flat, until it changed and then agree wholeheartedly that the world is round.
    That is just plain insulting.

I've never known someone feel so enraged about the purpose of the monarchy in modern Britain. You must be Scottish.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    On another note...
    Do you, and everyone in this forum want my bank account details so you can pay me 2moro?
    please feel free to pm me your bank account details.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Its not the money issue, i give the change of a note to a homeless person in town and over the years that has accrewed to alot.

Some people literally waste away from the inside because mummy and daddy didnt afford a new PC like you were given, yet these people, low as they are in life, know like me that there is an entire family whos every activity demands and recieved only the very very best?

Why cant i have that? Why cant you? Id rather pay you than than them? The only hard thing that they ever have done was be born, after that they were fed from platinum spoons.
    So you are perfectly happy to give money to a lazy beggar*, but not to the Royal Family who are a part of Britain.

*If somebody is begging for change, drinking alcohol or smoking, then clearly they are earning too much. If you are homeless and can be bothered, there are ways of making a living and getting back on your feet. But sitting around, doing nothing, with enough money to eat, drink and smoke is just taking the piss. I never give money to any beggars.

I'd be interested to read the article from which you found that tourist revenue would drop 0.000001% if the Royal family disappeared.

However, those two points aside, how dare you insult me and my family. How dare you! My mother and father have brought me up to appreciate every single last penny. I work forty hours a week doing a **** job, earning **** money in the most expensive place in the UK. Once I've had tax taken away, public transport, car, food and somewhere to sleep at night, I'm left with very little at all.

Heck, I don't live in a council house and my family don't shop at Lidl - so maybe I'm not at the bottom of society so maybe I can't really appreciate what every penny feels like, but there's no reason to be rude and an arse, "hand me a nine".
    Last edited by asheep_uk; 06-29-2006 at 08:18 PM.

Serve Cold - Keep On Ice Mr. Tackle's Avatar
    Honestly, no joke, i thought the Queen DID die like 2-3 years ago. Sorry man.

oh give hand me a nine a break!

he posted a poll, by the 3rd post he was told his poll was lame and by about the 5th or 6th he was asked if he was on crack, a great start for a discussion dont you think?
    don't people have the right to air their views on flashkit any more without being insulted?
    no wonder it got out of control.
    Last edited by darkstar; 06-29-2006 at 08:23 PM.

don't people have the right to air their views on flashkit any more without being insulted?
    Not in the Coffee Lounge.

no wonder it got out of control.
    You call this out of control?

a great start for a discussion dont you think?
    I can't wait to see how it ends.