A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Koolmoves Outshines Swishmax in F8

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar

Koolmoves Outshines Swishmax in F8

I haven't built a forum since the flash6 days and recently decided to code one for a submission to KoolExchange using some of the new Flash 8 niceties and also decided I might as well make a Swish version at the same time. It was a nice thought but Swish makes nice very hard.

After coding about three quarters of the frontside I've decided to drop continuing the Swish build of the same. Why? Because it's almost a joke how little improvement has been made to Swishmax in a year and I swear they simply changed the version bit to accomodate Flashplayer8 and objects do not seem to act or function like they should with flash 8 syntax. This in itself isn't the only problem. It still doesn't have any componentry and making even the simplest of things requires hair pulling. Still uses a subset of actionscript...still does everything like it's a flash 6 IDE. Rediculous.

If anyone is seriously thinking of purchasing a 3rd party flash tool other than Flash itself and Koolmoves and Swishmax are the two apps you are leaning towards.....your better off putting a gun in your mouth if you plop your cash on Swish. Go ahead...try the demo and create a F8 filter and see how little I'm kidding.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Forgot to mention...I just downloaded the newest Swishmax update and guess what changed about my last post? Nothing. It's still miles behind Koolmoves. I'm beginning to think continuing to update it is just a glorious waste of time.

Cyber-Slacker
    This is nice to hear from someone who clearly knows his ***** I have always loved the program in spite of my very limited ability to utilize all that it offers. One of these days when I'm not working three jobs I'd love to learn some AS.
    Last edited by blanius; 07-01-2006 at 08:31 PM.