-
    My Tips:

1. make it work

2. make it pritty

3. make it original!
    -

thank you.

make it work... how? why?

make it pretty...how? why? using what methods? to suit who?

make it original... anything sacrificed here solely for the sake of originality?

true, the very minimum you reccomend serves as a basis for creating something in Flash. But you've got to go beyond those simple suggestions when actually implementing them.

The new, unexperienced, unattentive designer might see that and say: "Make it pretty...hmmm, I know nothing about design, so how do I make it pretty?"
    They may also say, "I've got to make it work. But for what reasons?"

That info on the MM site is excellent, I love being able to see Macromedia provide such straightforward information that every designer should pay attention to and have knowledge of.

No one finds the answers overnight, it takes much long hours, much experimenting, much reading, and much determination to get a good understanding of the knowledge everyone should have for design. It's something we all have to work at.

mg33

absent
    my tip was a rhetorical statement...

but if you want an answer... ^_^

work?: functional... if when you click a button something is s'pozed to happen.. make sure that it happens.

pretty?: i'm aware that we are not all graphic designers etc. etc. but everyone knows what they like.
    (i don't know art, but i know what i like...)

original?: this was more directed at a personal web site/portfolieo... (personally) i'm tired of seeing the same flash site day in and day out...
    mind you it is really the content (persons works) that matters but if yer gunna package it up... then REALLY package it up.
    i know that the industry often wants the same ol'thing, i often refer to myself as a flash whore because of this.(i'll give ya the same ol'thing fast and cheep) but if it's YOUR site then experiment with it, and if you really can't design then find a site you like and then change it... so it turns out different.

i'm not posting this to come down on any newbies out there (welcome to flash, enjoy yer stay) i just posted the link to help anyone out, and my personal comments.

please excuse the langague if it's offensive.

thank you.

g knows it!

He believes in dualism – "form and function, problem and solution, technical and creative."

(quote from rocketman site)

My tips

#1: Know your audience.
    #2: Know what the client wants.
    #3: Make sure they pay on time

you what I think? I think there's difference between make and create. I'm just a maker

making it function and pretty may be put down in one
    sentence:

form follows function

being original is another thing, as strange as it sounds,
    this is mostly the result of long and careful considerations
    and training.

your Tips:

1. make it work...ok

2. make it pritty..ok

3. make it original!...if ya using flash not a chance........
    -

absent

Talking

that's a pritty boxed thought cubeslave.
    i've seen lots of really sweet, original sites..
    (i'd just like to see more.)

^_^

I disagree with cubeslave's "original" comment. Yes, a lot of sites do look the same but that could be said about ALL websites to some degree, not just Flash. For example, ever notice that all corporate sites want to be Microsoft.com? What I find exciting is Flash being used as another form of animation that tells a story. Or used to convey an artistic vision. Just look at something like Nose Pilot. Now that's a project that reminds me of the animated shorts I've seen on TV from the NFB (National Film Board of Canada).

Of course, there is some truth to cubeslave's view. What really IS original anymore? Everyone draws inspiration from various sources and thus elements of those sources are bound to be recognizable in their work.