A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: travelersinsynch.com - Very Cool

travelersinsynch.com - Very Cool

Very informative, well designed and excellent use of video and 3D.

www.travelersinsynch.com

Link to 3d video - added by 3P
    Last edited by Veniogenesis; 07-15-2006 at 08:58 AM.

Flash/Graphic Designer
    he's just used the wrong link, this is the right one

http://www.travelersinsynch.com/challenge_popup.html

unbelievable website.

Aha, well yeah that is cool. The 3D artist who created that must be realy talented. The transition is great, the only problem with pages like this is that they are HUGE in size. It's definitely worth waiting but not everyone is as patient as some of us. Anyways, it's hyper great ( my dream is to end up one day creating stuff like this ).

Regards,
    Biro

do you mean slow as in your connection or the transitions themselves, I have a real fast connection it loaded fine for me, but I did think the transistion are a bit long, to really look at everything on that site wouuld take nearly an hour.
    I guess i'm not into a dramatic transitions, I hate when some sites over do it. It takes more time watching the transitions and effects than to read the information on the page.
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

Some of you are way to quick to throw out criticism, this site is one of the better I have seen in some time.

Quit being such lazy arses and learn to explore a site before being so quick to say its crap.

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Crinkler, I have to agree that there a lot that are quick to judge, but you also have to realize the amount of lameness that gets posted here. The members try and stay diligent and keep the forums clear of crap posts.
    Overall I think the comments are correct though, the site does suck. Its boring and design wise doesn't look like much. The real beauty is in the 3D flash work that was supposed to be posted in the first place.

3P

Quote Originally Posted by crinkler
    Some of you are way to quick to throw out criticism, this site is one of the better I have seen in some time.

Quit being such lazy arses and learn to explore a site before being so quick to say its crap.

ya I have no problem with the site, I think it has great 3D and is really impressive don't get me wrong... but really, who is going to visit the site and explore all the security risk and think second about thier home, yea it may happen but a low percent i am sure.
    I think its designed more for the WOW factor.

Quote Originally Posted by PCRIDE
    do you mean slow as in your connection or the transitions themselves, I have a real fast connection it loaded fine for me, but I did think the transistion are a bit long, to really look at everything on that site wouuld take nearly an hour.
    I guess i'm not into a dramatic transitions, I hate when some sites over do it. It takes more time watching the transitions and effects than to read the information on the page.
    I am on a 20Mbit connection and it still took alot of time to load. Even if your connection is extremely good it doesn't matter if the server is slow. Even if you wait the entire time to load there is even more loading for the links. It`s too much content for a global wide website but as a local website where the only visitors are locals then it could be good.

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    I have comcast cable and it loaded on demand for me. As soon as I opened the Flash,the video started and I was able to navigate. There wasnt any preload time.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Shiro
    I am on a 20Mbit connection and it still took alot of time to load. Even if your connection is extremely good it doesn't matter if the server is slow. Even if you wait the entire time to load there is even more loading for the links. It`s too much content for a global wide website but as a local website where the only visitors are locals then it could be good.

tHATS STRANGE. i HAVE COMCAST AND GET 6-8 mbPS AND ITS FINE.

this is a great site, real nice, once again the only complaint it took way too long to load, but I suppose for the content I'm getting its worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Shiro
    It`s too much content for a global wide website but as a local website where the only visitors are locals then it could be good.
    LOL. Most ridiculous comment I read all day!

The site took 7 seconds to load for me.
    Last edited by rooney; 07-11-2006 at 12:42 PM.

That is indeed a well done site. It loaded ok for me. Not the fastest I've ever seen but for the quality of the content it’s definitely acceptable. Nice find! Thanks.

All i want to know is where can i find a 3D artist like the one who did this project

Thanks

TM
    Peace be the journey and Beyond

i only saw a little bit of the site and i was impressed by that but it took a long time to load for me. i'm on DSL. seems like comcast is faster. i guess i'll have to check this out again when i get back at work where i can see it on a T3 connection.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

really good site!!!!! thanks for putting this link!!

great!work!

Very nice. It IS a big download but there IS a payoff. There's a ton o money behind this. That's video shot just for the site - production of the people IN the 3D probably cost more than most big websites. This is probably a cd turned into a site.

What's cool is you can see the resolution difference between real world video and virtual - the video people are all low-res.

Quote Originally Posted by moot
    This is probably a cd turned into a site.
    My thinking as well...seriously cool regardless.