A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [MX04] Loading XML into dynamic text

[MX04] Loading XML into dynamic text

I have a xml file with the following attributes.

PHP Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <select>
        <option name="Braingiants Studio" value="manual.pdf" desc="text/about.txt"/>
    My problem is that I cannot get the desc attribute to show up correctly in the dynamic textfield. It only shows up as text/about.txt in the textfield. I know that I need to use loadVars() or loadVariablesNum() but I can't seem to get it to work correctly for each new item in the menu. I have included the source files below; the xml file is saved as a txt file because of file uploading restrictions.
    "My boss sits and watches TV in a hot dog suit and I think he might be a moron."

bump
    "My boss sits and watches TV in a hot dog suit and I think he might be a moron."

Solved it. The text document should have the attribute name in it.

Example of xml code.
    PHP Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <select>
    <option name="Braingiants Studio" value="manual.pdf" desc="text/about.txt"/>
    Example for text file.
    PHP Code:
    desc=They are an interactive web design company
    Hopefully this will help someone else who may have problems with referencing/linking a text document inside the xml and then displaying it inside a dynamic textfield in Flash.

edum
    hi there bobby,

this example is helping me with my problem, but I need an example of the AS as well.

I'm new at xml and I want to put a txt file loaded by the xml file, but don't know how the flash will put the information in the text field.