dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Stretching Timeline

Stretching Timeline

Hello. Is there any way in Flash (or any third party software) that will allow me to stretch/shrink the timeline of a movie? Basically, I have a movie where everything is set wonderfully (100-some layers, 1100+ frames) -- it just moves too quickly. I already have it down to 18fps, and if I move it down any further it gets jittery. Do I really have to adjust all of those layers one at a time to get a slower movie that's still smooth?

Any tips would be appreciated...
    -Nate

You can select a frame in multiple layers and press F5. Just click and drag down. Make sure you're not selecting any keyframes.

Same effort as adjusting all of the layers 1 at a time, since I would have to make sure that I evenly space added frames through transitions and animations. I'm not sure that would be faster in the end.

Thanks though...anybody else have any ideas?
    -Nate

Ouch, I don't know.

But, I'm curious to know how you managed to build 100-some layers, 1100+ frames before you realized it was too fast?

Logix,

It's going to be used as a screen saver, so I started animating the various pieces and am realizing now that while it looks impressive as a Flash animation, as a screen saver it will be too distracting. If I could slow it down by 25-33%, it would be much more of a "background" speed than something that grabs attention. It isn't noticeable in small chunks, but when you string the whole thing together, it's a little overbearing.

Does that make sense? :-)
    -Nate