A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [mx04] Help!!!

[mx04] Help!!!

i am making a game where birds fly across the screen and u have to shoot them. i know how to make them go across the screen starting at random places but i don't know how to make them explode when they r clicked on. i think i make it a button and movie clip but i don't know how to do it. can anybody help?

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    For some reason... I'm in a very good mood.

http://www.newgrounds.com/flash/samples/damage.html

This is the first tutorial I ever used... it's in Flash 4 format.. but it shows the basic principle you are looking for.

If you can make things randomly appear on screen, you should be able to understand how to adapt this.

-pXw

since the birds r moving how do i make the button stay with it? and when i do the frames where the bird is exploeding or whatever do i do that on the main timline or on the movie clip?

you can put the buttons code in the movieclip as movieclips can use all button functions
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

thanks. i got everything working except when i use the cursor thing i made and hide the mouse it only shoots some but when i do it with the mouse it works. does anybody know what the problem could be? heres the code for the cursor:
    Mouse.hide();
    startDrag("cursor", true);

never mind i got it to work. i changed the size of stuff to make it bigger and it worked. thanks everyone for the help.
    Last edited by juke8192; 07-11-2006 at 05:27 PM.