A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: tell target movie clip to mask?

ok here's the deal:

i have a single frame movie that has buttons targeting a movie clips that are invisible in their first frame and the tell target tells them to go to the second frame and play.

i want the movie clip that is targeted to be a mask and reveal an image while it grows.

i can't get it to work.

any thoughts?

aaron

by mask do you mean that an image will only show through at the point of the movieclip or are you juat trying to make the movieclip cover the symbols below it ?

RE

If the masking technique don't work contact flashguru to find out how to do it though actionscript

http://www.dimensionstudios.net

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    There is a bug in the program when it comes to masks and movie clips. The clip will not play it is locked in to its first frame.

The only work around I have come up with is to change the attribute of the movie clip to a graphic and place the movie clip into a new movie clip Then place the object you want to mask in the layer below the movie clip that has been set to act as an object. Make sure that the new movie clip has the same amount of frames as the original had. Now you can target your new movie clip and it will give you the masking that you want. Its a pain but it works. Regards, Bill