A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: KoolExchange

ok thanks and yes i didnt make it do anything but thats why its called a template why should a spend a lot of time making it do stuff if the users is going to change it. I wil be more then happy to make it a fully working template and reupload it and scanline + and few other thing I dont know how to do in koolmoves if you could make an example I would be greatful.

thanks
    ~~Drew~~
    New Tutorial Site Coming
    Soon
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show....php?p=4118485

Just an idea to get you on the tracks Drew, following on from Bret's comments, if you download my first dynamic template, you will see there the building blocks of a 6 pager, which loads text into each page. Take my template, and reskin it with your own design style, it will look and feel completly different but the basic functions have been done for you. Then start to change things, have a play with text effects and such, maybe sound on mouseover etc. You can build up a portfolio of very different looking templates by simply restretching and moving the components about.

Good point Stoke, I understand Drew but drawing it out is really the easiest part.. I haven't seen a good tab interface done.. Here's a good opportunity to do just that....

Take your tabs make them a a two frame movie clip. In the second frame make them look Non-active.... for example the top line of the lower frame cuts them off a the bottom, and the first frame look active. for example the tab looks as if it's part of the bottom

Ok example just uploaded to exchange and to Flashkit, also made video tutorial that I should have up later today on my tutorial page.

http://bretlanius.com/flash/tutorials.html

Glass buttons tutorial uploaded to KE hope Ull like it.

antART conceptular uploaded to KE

Ant, whats the point of this last one. It really doesn't demonstrate anything... I can't imagine why anyone would want it. Could you clarify? As it is I can't see approving it.

its a clipart with ant. but i dont like to upload only cliparts, so i add effect and text.
    what about 'concept' - see... the 'n' i ant is covered, so u dont really know is it 'art' or 'ant'. this trick with text may inspire somebody and be useful in someones other projects. Maybe you know csszengarden - there are css called 'hen garden' and 'css zen dragen'. this inspired me, so maybe my work will inspire someone else. anyway, its a clipart

OK.

By the way nice button tutorial, You might have shown how to create and modify the states, but very good example of how to draw it.
    Thanks for sending.

You might have shown how to create and modify the states,
    your wish is my command. maybe even today

hm... something is wrong and i cant upload second part of my tutorial. maybe file is too big <4 mb. ill try to compress it or do something else.
    Last edited by ant_Z; 01-19-2007 at 04:09 PM.

Ant, finaly someone has decided to give the crowd what they need, a step by step instruction on how to make something useful, that they can then play about with and make their own. I tried messing with the transparancy and the border size, and I realised there were a whole series of effect available from your straight forward approach.
    Good work, the only this I would add is that if you put a stop on each frame and made the buttons turn the page it would have been complete!

yeah, thank you very much Stoke, it means much to me stop and next/prev are included in final file, but... this is the corrupted file....
    It isnt all of it.
    The final one tells also how to add actions and sounds!... im sending Bret an email to delete this entry, becase it isnt what i uploaded. i mean, it is a part of it.

mail sent to Bret. anyway, ill post the final file also here. I also need to say, that i wanted tyo save it uncompressed to give it to users of older KM versions, but uncompressed .fun file i over 4 mb (sic!). Anyway, the 4 megs after zipping gives me 204.3 KB, what is the size of compressed file, so now i see that the fun files are only zipped. anyway, it doesnt matter. heres the final file:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just upload the right one and let me know which one to delete.

Part 1 is good file.
    Please leave this one (glass_buttons_tutorial_part2.fun) uploaded today ( 2007-01-20 @ ~12:00) (desc: This is part 2 of Glass Buttons Tutorial. This one shows how to add actions, mouse-over effects and even sounds to your button. I think this is very useful for new KoolMovers.).

Thanks Bret
    Last edited by ant_Z; 01-20-2007 at 07:03 AM.

Hi all,

I have just added a new multi gallery xml-driven slideshow to koolexchange.

I was never completely happy with the last one it was too complex and you had to edit the fun file to add galleries. This is simpler by splitting it into a slide handling swf and a wrapper to select the galleries.

See it in action at the polySteel band website

There is a copy of Chris Seahorns php Twisted lister in there to help generate the xml files if you want to use it or even run it straight from the server (ta Chris)

Enjoy!

Steve

Cheers Stoke

Clock generator uploaded to exchange

This is a little flash toy that was supposed to be for one of those Myspace customizing sites but they never paid for it so I'm releasing the source to you my koolmoves friends.

Here's the deal

You load clockgenerator.html and select an image or swf to load into the clock, you then scale and position it. Then click the Get HTML button and this generates the needed HTML code to paste into a site. This HTML loads the clock.swf instead with the paramaters to load and scale whatever was chosen in the generator.

The list box uses an image from my site but don't use that please. This is demo only and I don't promise that image will always be there anyway.

Earlier version online to view at http://bretlanius.com/flash/clockgenerator.html