A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: KoolExchange

It would be nice to know if koolexchange stuff is being used by people after they download it. Can we ask people to post a link if they use code?

Some people have put in enormous amounts of effort to get code on the site and its good to get them feedback.

Steve

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Duplicate post. This forum is acting funny sometimes.

I meant to say something...but forgot what it was. Oh yeah...wasn't this thread pinned? Are we using it too much?

I can only agree

Quote Originally Posted by swrzzzz
    It would be nice to know if koolexchange stuff is being used by people after they download it. Can we ask people to post a link if they use code?

Some people have put in enormous amounts of effort to get code on the site and its good to get them feedback.

Steve
    Steve as a fellow Englishman I can only agree, I have always made a point of thanking contibutors for their help - see forum guidelines for explanation.
    Perhaps it's a cultural thing, but after 528 downloads of my stuff from Kool Exchange, not 1 PM or e-mail by way of thanks. I contribute to the cause so that I feel like I'm a bit in credit to ask for some help back, but you do wonder sometimes.

Ditto, but I have a small confession to make....

I loaded up your 6 page template so thanks :-) its cool but I havnt used it as yet.

I would always say thanks to anyone for code I took (I did with the calendar on my front page for example) or I would feel bad about it and I always thank people on the forum too.

As you say - perhaps its a Brit thing - we would thank someone for treading on us - and then apologise for saying it :-)

Having said all that I do think KE is a good idea and I will throw in more stuff as I do it.

Steve

Only time I usually hear from anyone for any of my stuff is when they can't get it to work.

I had a whopping three users help me test a forum submission it's taken me three weeks to build. I'm not tripping over myself to give it away with that kind of disinterest.

Bob says we have thousands of users...let them take the ball and run. If the userbase is leaving you swinging...return the favor

Take a break Stoke...you got some in...Bret...Steve....anyone else listed there. Let some of the thousands drop a few in and enjoy your copy of Koolmoves for a change instead of dedicating it to them

Their indifference is cause for a vacation Personally I've been putting everything else off for the sake of the Exchange and really have to get things into perspective as you mention.

I'm zeroing my board tonight (deleting all test and build posts). Thank you to Stoke, Godlike and Blanius for the help testing it. You are all ranked for the trouble.

Ok Chris see you in the pub! - will be bringing me own mug, still having a problem with shared objects!

Steve sent you a PM maybe something of interest there for you.

Sounds good Stoke. Try out the new Edit ability. Sorry to have lost your introduction but I slightly changed how the editor deals with text for the Edit function and it had to go since it can't read the old posts.

shared objects?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke Laurie
    Ok Chris see you in the pub! - will be bringing me own mug, still having a problem with shared objects!

Steve sent you a PM maybe something of interest there for you.

What kind of problem. Did I miss the posts on that one?

Those are some sick hit counts Stoke! Hahaha....

Since you do this for a living...it's really selfless you have been kind enough to submit templates at all. The hit counts confirm you know what you're doing too

Steve I didn't know of until he submitted but he's obviously on top of his game too and I really like that type of code (as you know) so he's going to be another name to watch (we'll PUB him if he stops by too).

You are not going mad - he meant he had sent ME one - missing the ',' somewhere

Steve

NY is a bit far for a beer Chris :-)

Thanks Chris, but I'm no flash programmer - I'm actually an embedded C guy. That's why I find it more natural to write most of it in script. I only do what I need to for my site and learned most of that from you

Fun though:-)

Steve

NY is a bit far for a beer Chris :-)
    Hahaha...no need...I quit drinking long ago

The PUB is a private forum at my site we just started. Anyone related to Koolmoves the platform officially, beta testers (ones I know of...some I don't) and Koolmoves Exchange contributers are being invited in whenever I encounter one who has registered. It's just a place we can talk privately about our upcoming code, plans or thoughts on Koolmoves and how it relates to us. I zeroed the board last night (emptied the posts we used while testing)since the forum build is done (structure) so the forums are quite empty at the moment but since there is no place outside of the support forum for users to gather privately...I figured I would offer it. I have open forums for all users...but that one is for us.
    Whether code of mine spurred your interest in the field or not....you have an awesome grasp of the program. That's all you bro

The shared objects was a joke, Chris you mentioned about them in a post to me about the forum, so the joke was about not sharing objects, I'll bring me own!
    So no problem Blanius, no you didn't miss any thing!

See you in the pub too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke Laurie
    The shared objects was a joke, Chris you mentioned about them in a post to me about the forum, so the joke was about not sharing objects, I'll bring me own!
    So no problem Blanius, no you didn't miss any thing!

See you in the pub too.
    Ok now I get it

Good!
    Bret just sent you a pm about something I would value your opinion about