A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: So, when do we consider this WW3?

So, when do we consider this WW3?

It looks like all hell is breaking loose over in Israel and Lebanon right now: link.

So now we have N. Korea and Japan heating up, The US and several other countries are over in Iraq, Israel and Lebanon are duking it out...

What the hell...

Dont these silly monkey's realise that eden has enough to go around?
    While there is one youre bound to devide it, right in two.

I think this is actually WWIV; Wasn't WWIII the new Nintendo consol?
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

Bwhahaha!

I'm surprised a thread about Israel/Lebanon took so long to appear.

Where's Adixx?

People, it's never going to end over there. One of the very first things I was ever aware of in this life, was the fighting going on over the 'new' state of Israel. It was in the paper, before we ever got a TV, then it was on the TV, then Hollywood.

It's never going to end. We here in the US just need to realize, those fools are different than we are. They LIKE to fight over concepts from 2000 years ago. It's their form of reality game. Role playing for real. We just need to stand back and have the occasional media event. Which is what keeps the US going, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Natsia
    Dont these silly monkey's realise that eden has enough to go around?
    What Eden? Right now, it's all Hell.

World War? Not yet... I'd call it the perpetual human struggle for dominance in their "domain"... Kim il Jong is vying for attention in military to avoid criticism on people starving, Japan is saying that they're going to financially embargo... not military strike... or not yet.

Israel and Lebanon... wait until Jordan and Syria join in first before calling it a World War. Hell, didn't Ariel Sharon pretty much gain a reputation as the "Butcher" whilst in Lebanon anyway? The internal issues of Lebanon are many, and people are starting to walk away from fundamentalism and walk a different path... may catch hold.

May not.

The civil wars and death tolls in Africa are always rising too... and always ignored. India and Pakistan are at it again.

And there's tons of other places with skirmishes all over... just that the media has become that pervasive and reports this stuff that's been happening for centuries.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    We here in the US just need to realize, those fools are different than we are. They LIKE to fight over concepts from 2000 years ago.
    ...you mean like creationism and how gays are sinners?

Nah, that never happens here.

We just have such a hetrogenic population that we can't divide people quickly enough to shoot 'em on sight.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

People, it's never going to end over there.
    Sure it is, as soon as people get back to traditional warfare where the winner kills everyone they possibly can and the loser disappears.

Israel has the ability to kill everyone in the region. Eventually, they'll be provoked enough to do it. It's only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by random_fool
    Sure it is, as soon as people get back to traditional warfare where the winner kills everyone they possibly can and the loser disappears.

Israel has the ability to kill everyone in the region. Eventually, they'll be provoked enough to do it. It's only a matter of time.
    Well, I was trying to be politically correct, but your right.

Actually, I was hoping they'd use a nuke soon, so I can see the end to it in my lifetime.

I've been waiting for it for 40 years.

And if you think that's harsh, we did it twice, for the exact same reasons.

The reality here is that until one of them puts the other into submission there will be no peace, that is the bottom line. The sooner people discard their "new age" crap morals the sooner people will stop dying.

"Reason would never be able to turn barbarism into civilization".

Ho yeah. It's heating up now.

"BEIRUT, Lebanon - Israel intensified its attacks against Lebanon on Thursday, imposing a naval blockade, twice hitting Beirut's airport and blasting two Lebanese army air bases near Syria. Hezbollah fired more than 100 rockets into Israel, which said one also struck the port city of Haifa."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13823680/?GT1=8307

In response to the violence, Lebanon asked the U.N. Security Council to demand a cease-fire. The Council set an urgent meeting for Friday.
    And choozing up sides already;

Against the backdrop of violence, the U.S. cast the first U.N. Security Council veto in nearly two years Thursday, blocking an Arab-backed resolution that would have demanded Israel halt its current military offensive in the Gaza Strip.
    Last edited by Ask The Geezer; 07-13-2006 at 04:06 PM.

Some of your comments on this board is just appalling. You're wish for Israel using nuclear weapons on other people is pure evil. You're disregard for human life (yes, arabs are human too you know) is disgusting to say the least.

So let's look at the situation:

One IDF soldier is captured, and Israel bombs hundreds of building killing god knows how many. Disproportionate? Yes it is.

Hezbollah captures 2 IDF soldiers and Israel bombs hundreds of buildings/sites, killing at least 40 civilians.

Of course, when it's arabs doing the killings they are terrorists, but when Israel does it they have all the rigth to... apparently.

If there is a WWIII it's because of oppressive nations, not resistance.
    Flipsideguy

Haven't you said that one life is just as important as hundreds before? Not that I agree, just curious at the possible hypocrisy. I'm pretty sure it was you anyway.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Nope that wasn't me. I've said something like "Iraqi blood is just as precious as american life"
    Flipsideguy

You're wish for Israel using nuclear weapons on other people is pure evil.
    Well, that makes the US evil too, cause we did it, not once, but twice. It did the job. So what's your fix? Let the smaller scale killing go on for another hundred years? What exactly is the difference? Dying in a millisecond or dying by being blown into little pieces is still dying. So yes, I say get it the **** over with now and maybe learn something new from it. Like not poking a sleeping bear in the ass with your finger.

Do I consider backwards people who's only reason for their hatred is because their fathers hated, as real humans? No, I don't. I consider them backwards people who will never learn. As such, they are a constant danger to the rest of us who want to get on with it.

Harsh? Yes. Maybe that's what it's going to take, cause this nattering on and sniping at each other for generations isn't cutting it.

And this is where the problem becomes reality. One side never realizing where the hatred stems from, the other side trying to bang it into their heads.
    Flipsideguy

Yes, well, whatever the cause is, the only difference between nuking it into their heads or bombing it into their heads with 500 pound bombs is a matter of dimensions. No evil involved.

Do you honestly think Iran wouldn't do it to Israel if they had a bomb? Do the Israeli's wait till it happens or use it first in the face of the evidence we all see now? So where's the evil?

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Well, I was trying to be politically correct, but your right.

Actually, I was hoping they'd use a nuke soon, so I can see the end to it in my lifetime.

I've been waiting for it for 40 years.

And if you think that's harsh, we did it twice, for the exact same reasons.
    yes but we did it to a nation on teh other side of the world... a bit different when you are nuking your neighbor... not that I wouldb't nuke canada... but still.
    Last edited by TallGuyLittleCar; 07-13-2006 at 05:12 PM.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

My point was, the hatred that you claim that these "backwards non-humans" have against Israel stems from being occupied by them, illegally, yet supported by the international community. Either way, they are fending for themselves and have every right to.

As far as using nuclear weapons on civilians is never right. I don't care where you live or who the hell you are, but thinking that children or regular civilians deserve it is crazy, and in your case, geezer, very prejudiced. This is a case where ignorance isn't bliss. Generalisations about entire populations and saying they deserve to be nuked sickens me and only shows your true colors.

Regarding Iran using nukes on Israel. I don't know if that would ever happen. Media has a way of portraying non-conforming, anti-us leaders as insane. I'd more scared of people like geezer than ahmadinejad.
    Flipsideguy

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flipsideguy
    As far as using nuclear weapons on civilians is never right.
    what about using napalm or coventional bombs?
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.