A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: So, when do we consider this WW3?

I don't care where you live or who the hell you are, but thinking that children or regular civilians deserve it is crazy,
    You mean, thinking that muslim civilians and kids, is crazy, right. But it's ok if it happens to Israeli's.

The whole muslim world hates Israel, from west africa to Afganistan. They don't know why, they just want, and aren't afraid to say it, that they want Isreal and all it's people dead.

Well, **** off then. Don't call me prejudiced because I think Israel ought to nuke a few of them to teach them the error of their ways.

Listen to yourself. Yeah I should **** off, because I am so wrong when I say innocent people shouldn't die. And for the record, I have never said Israeli civilians deserve to die. That is again you, applying your ignorance and cooking up stories about other people, cultures, races and ethnicities.

Israeli soldiers were captured. It's no secret the IDF has been killing civilians for decades. And now, bombing Lebanese civilians, when clearly, a resistance group by the name of hezbollah is the culprit. By your standards, civilians there should die for simply being arab?

As for people hating israel, they have a very good reason for hating them. Just because YOU don't know why they hate them, doesn't mean they don't. You think it's because they are born that way or because of their origin. Great wisdom there old man.

I'm through posting as your maniacal world view is disgusting.
    Flipsideguy

Hezbollah, Lebonese civilians, Palestinian civilians, Hamas, what's the difference?

Nothing, and you know it. You can't equate these goatherders with anything else on the planet. They started the killing, they have continued the killing, even though they say they won't. If it's ever going to end, one of them has to go away.

I am tired of constantly hearing about war, if people cant get along then they can all go to hell and die for all I care.

Stupid angry people create stupid angry kids.
    If these kids(even if they are not angry or stupid) get killed in a war, it is the fault of the parents for being stupid and angry enough to hang around and get their family killed in a war.(natural selection?)

If a comet fell out of the sky and killed 99% of all life on this planet, the world would be a much better place.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by flipsideguy
    Some of your comments on this board is just appalling. You're wish for Israel using nuclear weapons on other people is pure evil. You're disregard for human life (yes, arabs are human too you know) is disgusting to say the least.

So let's look at the situation:

One IDF soldier is captured, and Israel bombs hundreds of building killing god knows how many. Disproportionate? Yes it is.

Hezbollah captures 2 IDF soldiers and Israel bombs hundreds of buildings/sites, killing at least 40 civilians.

Of course, when it's arabs doing the killings they are terrorists, but when Israel does it they have all the rigth to... apparently.

If there is a WWIII it's because of oppressive nations, not resistance.

I don't think what he said was a disregard for human life. I think it's the reality of the situation. Wars do result in major changes, no matter how you look at it. Things may have to get worse before they get better. Obviously the ideal situation would be to use diplomacy, but that doesn't mean it will help anything. It doesn't mean thousands of people aren't dying already while the people in charge sit around and talk year after year.

Right now Wolf Blitzer on CNN just said "Let's hope this ends peacefully soon". Yeah right. The media is loving this right now.

The thing that worries me is Iran is already saber rattling, itching to get involved. This may be a great opportunity for him to try and wipe Israel off the map.

Flipside please stop acting like Hezbollah is so innocent compared to Israel. They've been firing rockets into Israel as well. You want to compare the numbers of casualties on both sides and say one side is right or wrong because of that? Weak. Face the fact that Hezbollah would love to kill as many Israelis as they could, it's just their technology is nowhere near as capable.
    Last edited by Visionray; 07-13-2006 at 05:59 PM.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Israeli soldiers were captured. It's no secret the IDF has been killing civilians for decades. And now, bombing Lebanese civilians, when clearly, a resistance group by the name of hezbollah is the culprit. By your standards, civilians there should die for simply being arab?
    hezbollah and hamas have been killing civilians for years.... yet the recieve support from their side.

Arab civilians shouldn't die... but you don't seem to mention that isreali civilians shouldn't die either.

This bloody pissing match has been going on so long neither side is free from blame. If a hellfire missle from a isreali helicopter killed my brother or wife or daughter I would probably want to kill isrealies (well maybe not my brother)*. If a hamas missle landed near my house I would probably want to kill as many palestinians as I could find.

suicide bombers don't often have a close link to death from the ongoing pissing match
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    hezbollah and hamas have been killing civilians for years.... yet the recieve support from their side.

Arab civilians shouldn't die... but you don't seem to mention that isreali civilians shouldn't die either.
    Read my previous post...

Regarding killing as many arabs as possible being the solution to end this battle... The only way the region is going to be stable is for Israel to give up all occupied land. Simple really. Why some poeple here think it can only be resolved by the ethnic cleansing of the palestinians I don't know. Maybe they follow the school of hitler.

It's all relative. I see any resistance going on in that region, trying to remove the occupying oppressors from their soil, as legitimate. One man's terrorist, another's freedom fighter.
    Flipsideguy

Read my previous post...

Regarding killing as many arabs as possible being the solution to end this battle... The only way the region is going to be stable is for Israel to give up all occupied land. Simple really. Why some poeple here think it can only be resolved by the ethnic cleansing of the palestinians I don't know. Maybe they follow the school of hitler.

It's all relative. I see any resistance going on in that region, trying to remove the occupying oppressors from their soil, as legitimate. One man's terrorist, another's freedom fighter.

Do you really think that will end it? I don't. The second Israel backs down, they are gone.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Read my previous post...
    I have read every post you made in this thread. You seemed to have not given any mention of the Isreali women and children Hamas and Hezbollah kill.

what land?? All of isreal? the west bank? gaza? and why is it their soil? Isreal pulled out of gaza... and hamas began firing missles out of it rather quickly. What goverment did the palestinians elect.. hamas.. the same nice folks firing missles out of gaza into isreal.
    Last edited by TallGuyLittleCar; 07-13-2006 at 06:54 PM.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

One man's terrorist, another's freedom fighter.
    What a load of crap. Quit making excuses for those pimps. One mans terrorist is every mans terrorist. If muslims would quit killing jews, jews would quit killing muslims. It's that simple. The muslims, radical or not, just can't get that simple part.

If I were a Palestinian or Lebonese, I'd be damn pissed at Iran for using me to spread their hatred agenda. Talk about a hitler complex, there's one in Tehran for you.
    Last edited by Ask The Geezer; 07-13-2006 at 07:06 PM.

Flipside, you can't argue that this whole series of events wasn't started by Palestine, that's just assinine.

They had to go and kidnap a soldier why? To start ****. And **** they're getting now.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    What a load of crap. Quit making excuses for those pimps. One mans terrorist is every mans terrorist.
    thank you. blowing up civilians is not a "resistance". It is antagonistic by definition.

The argument for a conflict that results in resolution is not necessarily a disregard for civilian life. You have to look at the costs of all alternatives.

For example, if the conflict would cost 20,000 lives in one year but would resolve the issue for good and not having the conflict would cost 100,000 lives over the span of 10 years, the first option is more humane. That was the case with the nuclear bombs dropped on Japan.

However, it's not as clear if it would be the case in the middle east. The muslim world is expansive. All out war that resulted in Israel taking over other countries would likely just expand the border where the problems are out to the edge of other muslim nations.

I don't think Israel has "expansive" designs. So they wouldn't "take over" any of their neighbors. I think they'd just bomb them into submission or into a time long ago these people seem to want to live in.

The bottom line is, Israel was attacked, their borders crossed. As much as flipside wants to blame them, the reality is, the Israeli's didn't cross any borders until after they were attacked.

If anyone is to blame for Palestinian and Lebonese deaths, it's Hamas and Hesbollah, and behind them, the fools in Iran and Syria who support them with missiles, arms and money.

If we all step back and take a world view of this, you can see, this is WW3. Korea, Iran, the whole Middle East, is not willing to live with their neighbors in peace. It's escalating. Look at a calendar, look at the players, look at whats happening. This is world war. 9/11 was the new December 7th.

I know what hes going to say. That Israel crossed their borders already by occupying land illegally.

Also, agreed that they arent looking to expand. But, how do you render "submission"? Even if they obliterated all order, its pretty evident by now that it doesnt really require anything at all to carry out terrorism. Maybe if they simply created more serious consequences. In other words, one terrorist attack results in progressively massive explosions. Maybe that would be incentive for the community to rethink supporting the terrorist actions?

If you want to kill a snake, you cut off it's head.

Israel bombed the Iraqi nuclear reator near Baghdad, 25 years ago. And no one, even the White House, saw it coming. Is it outside the rhealms of possiblility that something similar might happen to Tehran? I mean, the Israeli's are really pissed off right now, even despirate. And well, The Goat of Tehran has said on world wide televised media that he wants to see Israel destroyed.

Urrrrppppp.

<edit> No, I don't really want to see a mushroom cloud with a Star of David on it. But I don't want more to see one over Israel, or to see them go under like a goldfish in a piranha tank.
    Last edited by Ask The Geezer; 07-13-2006 at 08:04 PM.

i dont doubt that possibility at all.

You are only seeing the results of many years of oppression. Terrorism is a tool of retaliation, not provocation.

Look at the history of the region. After the 1967 war, Israel occupied some 50% of the West Bank and 30% of Gaza. And have kept that for decades. What does this mean?

It means thousands of palestinian homes were demolished, and over 300,000 palestinians were detained. No matter to how many were killed by the israelis.

This is all in violation of international law.

Only recently Israel left Gaza.

So you have it reversed Geezer. If jews stopped killing muslims, they would stop killing jews. Or better yet, israel should give back all occupied land, and adhere to the original UN Partition Plan.

For any peace plan to work, Israel must end the occupation. What happens after that? Your guess is as good as mine.

If you had to live under occupation, having every aspect of your life controlled by the jews, you'd be pretty damn pissed off too. But some of you fail to see the reasons for all this. It's not just because they are "goatherders" or born suicide bombers.

Indivision. Was wondering when the warmongers would chime in. Yeah, let's have another war, 'cause to bring peace you have to kill.
    Flipsideguy

Well, it was being bandied about by two former state department guys on the News Hour tonight. Even the shrub said flat out today that Israel has a right to defend itself, bless his empty little head.

another aspect of the 'war is not the answer' debate here is that, in order to justify not resolving the conflict via war, in cases where regular bloodshed occurs due to lack of resolution, you must have faith that the disagreement will be resolved through other means.

to clarify, Flipside, do you believe that the Israeli / Arab conflict will be resolved through non-violent means?

Indivision. Was wondering when the warmongers would chime in. Yeah, let's have another war, 'cause to bring peace you have to kill.
    Usually, name-calling and making up statements for critics demonstrates that a person feels threatened or insecure in their arguments.

And I think I was right on the mark about how you would answer about Israelis invading first.