A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: So, when do we consider this WW3?

Shows what i know about whats been going on over there.

I honestly thought that it was a religious war that had been going on for thousands of years.(maybe an argument about jesus, or who killed him, or something like that.)
    And since they could only throw rocks at each other for most of that time no one ever won the war.
    And the rest of the world just sat back and watched them throw rocks at each other.
    But then one day they got real weapons, and everyone became concerned and started trying to step in and help end the conflict.

Am I way off?

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Am I way off?
    Well, ask were they got the real weapons. I think the arabs use to make black poweder guns, but then started using AK's. The Israeli's invented the Uzi. But Israeli tanks, missiles, Phantom F-4's, nukes and 500 pound bombs came from the good old USA. The arabs got theirs from China and Russia.

Thanks for the info,
    I figured other countries may have played a large part in them aquiring real weapons.
    But i didnt know the details.

Am i right about it being a religious war that has been going on for thousands of years?

My ignorance in this subject is likely due to the fact that i try to avoid news about wars in other countrys.
    I figure there is not much i can do about it, and nothing bums me out worse than hearing about bad things happening all over the world.
    Last edited by random25; 07-13-2006 at 10:29 PM.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

How much history are you prepared to read?

From my understanding, it depended on where you were. Many muslim nations down through the centuries, got along fine with jews. For the most part, Iran, Iraq, Afganistan are new nations. And the 'muslim' religion didn't exist before about 650AD or so. Jews, as a people, lived and flat out owned the area that is Israel today, as far back as 1400 BC. Long before any muslim was around. but they weren't the first. They were invaders themselves from southern asia/India.

Who knows what the hell they are fighting about now, except on the Israeli's part, to keep breathing. Some believe it's Jerusalem, which has historically holey places in it, important to the big 3 religions still alive today. None of it makes sense to a westerner.

I don't have any special interest in Israelis. But damn, they are scrappy. They deserve their own place. Look at it on a map. You can't even find it if you stand back 3 inches. Because for as long as I've been alive, the arabs of one stripe or another have been trying to wipe them out, I dispise them. I think that's just low rent, cheezy and I won't give them any respect for that reason. It's not like there isn't enough land in other parts of arabia to absorb the few million arabs that still live in the palestine area.
    Last edited by Ask The Geezer; 07-13-2006 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    None of it makes sense to a westerner.
    Another good reason for me to avoid news about wars between other countrys.

Jon Stewart just declared it WW3 on tonite's Daily Show, so it's official.

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

doItLikeThis
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    India and Pakistan are at it again.
    Disagree. Don't treat both countries as two annoying young brothers fighting against each other. India has never f***ed with pakistan like there terrorists demolish us like hidden cowards. Pakistan is the one that attacks first evertime (refer history) and goes back home with a looser tag. Iam sorry I have to come down harsh like this but enough said.....
    -Aditya

Quote Originally Posted by adit_ya_sharma
    Disagree. Don't treat both countries as two annoying young brothers fighting against each other. India has never f***ed with pakistan like there terrorists demolish us like hidden cowards. Pakistan is the one that attacks first evertime (refer history) and goes back home with a looser tag. Iam sorry I have to come down harsh like this but enough said.....
    Bangladesh Liberation War.

doItLikeThis
    Quote Originally Posted by alty29
    Bangladesh Liberation War.
    Yes, and please refer the reason for that too for better understanding :-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Liberation_War
    -Aditya

Quote Originally Posted by adit_ya_sharma
    Yes, and please refer the reason for that too for better understanding :-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Liberation_War

I know the reasoning, but they declared war without being attacked.

There is so much in history for me yet to learn.

And yet I have AP American History next year... possibly the most boring class on earth.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Maybe the world can no longer stomach the thought that any situation should come down to winners and losers any more. Years, maybe even centuries of regular violence and pre-occupation are more desirable than such a prehistoric idea.

Quote Originally Posted by indivision
    Maybe the world can no longer stomach the thought that any situation should come down to winners and losers any more. Years, maybe even centuries of regular violence and pre-occupation are more desirable than such a prehistoric idea.
    well said

hell, if bombs and terorism worked for the Jews in their effort to get a homeland and Israel created then why shouldn't it work for palestinians too?
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Quote Originally Posted by swampy
    hell, if bombs and terorism worked for the Jews in their effort to get a homeland and Israel created then why shouldn't it work for palestinians too?
    Because they're not backed by the Brits, French, and Americans... arms sales excepted.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

perhaps if 6 million palestinians were methodically butchered by a meglomaniac mad man with a penchant for jazzy uniforms, crystal meth and scat someone might start listening to their arguments
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

perhaps if 6 million palestinians were methodically butchered by a meglomaniac mad man with a penchant for jazzy uniforms, crystal meth and scat someone might start listening to their arguments
    doubtful. but then again, we're about two years away from removing our cance... I mean we're about two years away from electing a new head of state.

So who knows?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

because its not working for them at all?

did they suffer some serious transgressions? yes, i believe so. but, at what point do we stop carrying on that discussion at the expense of daily death and just acknowledge that they simply lost and the Israelis won. Call it a technological defeat, call it better diplomacy, organization, *****ion or call it scandalous, unfair, treacherous or evil, the Israelis are the clear winners. Only, the world cant stand it and wont allow them to finish winning. People may think that sounds callous but I think the alternative years of ambiguity have cost more life and sheer cultural advancement in the region than any decisive victory ever has.

some conflicts are matters of debate, like arguments with the wife. others are matters of logistics. it is more humane to ackowledge that the Israelis have "won" the conflict than it is to carry on as if there is any chance that the opposite is possible. what happened to the basic type of dignity that even Imperialist Japan and Nazi Germany had when facing defeat? at some point you have to just accept the cards that you're dealt, grow a pair and act like an adult. you dont get your way this time!

a meglomaniac mad man with a penchant for jazzy uniforms, crystal meth and scat
    lol. your colorful descriptions have been missed.