dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rude

Willoughby, I like the 'large piece of alright' phrase, I might use it myself!

Webgeek, I second your post on 30-year-olds typing like that. Especially considering I've typed properly even since I started using computers...

Also, Jay, cut out the Squize-bashing. Squize, unlike you, is a highly-skillful and valued veteran of our community. You should listen to his advice, rather than creating a topic to rant about it.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Iron Chef In-Training OpethRockr55's Avatar
    I like visiting the Newbies Forum to help people out, especially those who have no replies. I think that a forum should be a collective gathering of knowledge/camaraderie, whether you are a veteran or someone who got Flash yesterday. On that note, I've never seen the word "Noob" directed at anyone else as a deragatory term. Heck, a year ago, I was a master - I repeat: MASTER - of getting a hitTest to do absolutely nothing (therefore I dub myself noob). I was afraid that if I posted here on Flashkit, I'd look like a complete fool. Everyone starts somewhere right?

I do realize that people fail to recognize that their question may have been asked a thousand times before, but that's why I commend the mods and regulars on this forum, such as Squize, Tom, and Tonypa, for putting up with it all.

I may not be the best typist (is that correct0 but you knowi get the point across i spoke my mind there is no rul that said how many times you should ask if you do notunderstand or what is the standard to be part of one forum or another.

The fact is that like i said earlier i belive there are alot of good people an people that feel their above the issues...

so if you know the awnser and want to shared great if you don't don't complain and if you do and do not want to shared then move on and let some other person help no ned to try to get in the way of people getting help or impropertly talk about their work because i done my studies and I amm content and feel like a very well acomplish person saying that ...

you can join in and gang up against my comments but they are facts it dosent say here gaming for level 5 only and what level 5 is , it just says games and I feel like i done alot of work and help alot of people to be judge by some one that dosen't have 25% of my information.

so stay cool guys keep bodying up but it won't matter to me I am just a honest dude trying to get help the judging part i leave it t my mom.
    Jay

The man with the plan !!!

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    You obviously TOTALLY missed the point.

so stay cool guys keep bodying up but it won't matter to me I am just a honest dude trying to get help the judging part i leave it t my mom.
    I thought you were 30?
    Last edited by WilloughbyJackson; 07-13-2006 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilloughbyJackson
    You obviously TOTALLY missed the point.

I thought you were 30?
    you guys are playing flash god and miss the point you have no right to judge who, what or when to ask the questions you should just be nice and either help or move on

no need to be playing flash master just help or don't.... and i didn't miss the point

I just tak about what is fair. All i ask was for help i din't as to be graded I know I am not Flash master but i am okay

So at peace, and i speak for all the guys that are in between noobs and master level that we just need help not to be graded.

anyway no point of lossing my time you guys are all for each other I am just the new guy that ask the stupid question.
    Jay

You are contradicting yourself. You tell pepole not to judge yet you can judge them you say some people feel that they are above others yet you are allowed to post a topic and just call people rude. Beside flash experts dont go around laughing at new people. That would completly defeat the object of a forum if a master at flash didnt come on here to freelance or answer questions what would they do?
    My mum doesnt judge me and im 13.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

LOL another one from the crew I am not contracdicting my self i do not Judge i just will like to either be help or help or just keep it to your self....is ignorant to comment on peoples work without knowledge and to pretend to know at what master level they are ....all i said was awnser the ? or just go about your business....
    Jay

He does make a valid point there.

But it's just so damn hard to resist sometimes! :-D I love teaching a man to fish. But I refuse to just give him the fish.

PS: I remember when Squize was the Bad GIRL of Flashkit!

crossconscious
    Wait, Jay, think about what you're saying.
    So basically you're telling us to either answer the question, or shut the f* up? So we're not entitled to have other opinions, feelings, or get fed up with something/someone? We're not allowed to be human beings then? That's kind of rude, isn't it?
    This is a well established community, and you're telling us how we should behave?

so stay cool guys keep bodying up but it won't matter to me
    We're not bodying up against you. But it's not because some other people have the same or a similar opinion as me that I'm not allowed to express it. We're just trying to get a point across, and I think Ray Beez nailed it with "I love teaching a man to fish. But I refuse to just give him the fish."

BTW, I'm not a native English speaker. I live in a small (but relatively wealthy) European country. I don't get to speak English a lot, except for the odd phone call with one of our customers. And yet I'm willing to bet that my posts have a lot less gramatical errors and typo's than some 30 year old American. The reason? I make an effort to make sure my posts are written as well as I can. Sure, sometimes I have some difficulty with some aspects of the language, but at least I don't have a typo in every sentence.

Jay2391, the "Flashkit FAQ" here:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=600592
    and Games forum "[ Guide ] : Read Me First!!!" here
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=513006
    are made to help everyone enjoy the FK. I honestly think you should read them.

As for your complaint about Squize being rude in the reply to your basketball game thread, I can not see anything rude there. Squize actually showed how to solve your problem in the reply (put the code into function). Did you try to do it? If you do not know how to write the function you could learn about it from Flash help by pressing F1 in the Flash.

Hmmmm is this thread constructive ( Anymore ) ?

Tony, may be an idea to lock this one up, as it's kinda turning into the world against Jay, and it's just going to fall apart and get messier.

I don't think he's going to change his views of me, and I couldn't care less, so by default this thread is resolved

Ray, that operation was a long time ago. Not my fault I was born into the wrong body.

"I love teaching a man to fish. But I refuse to just give him the fish.", perfectly put.

Squize.

yeah,there´s not more to say on this one,closing it