A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new site

resolved

I am just getting started with Web Site development and am trying to determine what program is best to begin with. I was all set to begin with Dreamweaver for the overall site design and then use Flash to create animations that would be inserted into the site developed in Dreamweaver. Now it sounds like you can do the entire site in Flash - is this correct? Would I be better off (shorter learning curve) starting with Dreamweaver? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

new site

I would download demos of both and play around with them. With Flash 4, you can build an entire site with just Flash.
    It's good though to have a basic understanding of how HTML works.

check out: http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/ It's a great source for info on web building and I think it might clear up the differences between Dreamweaver and Flash for you.

-swinge

Not a Flash Kit Moderator
    The FlashDoctor

Flash can be used for allot of things, if your site is more graphically enhanced and is basically an information site, I would use flash, but if you are going to be having a store/ advanced scripting, I would let dreamweaver help you out, and plus if you are a beginner, advanced actionscritping probably isn't something you should worry about right now. If you want to learn though there are plenty of tutes and people to help you out there on Flashkit.com Cheers, Steve