A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: movie size that plays smoothon ALL resolutions

Hi guys,

What really is the best size for a movie? I've created a few movies that work well with 640x480, then take a look at them on 1024x768 they are not as smooth.
    Now I know that you could tell me all I need to know about sizing with the tute at webmonkey, but I'm looking for a hands on expert opinion. Someone who has played around and found the solution. Is it better to make the movie around 800x600?

On another note.

I've created a frameset with the following: 86,*,20, with exact fit and no margin- So can anybody tell me what size the movie should be for * that will work on all resolutions without stretching.

Simple questions I know, but after many efforts to find the solution, I'm still not happy with the results.

I am no expert but I think that 800x600 is the best res for most people the reason is because it sits right dead in the middle of the 3 most popular monitor sizes and with most computers coming out these days with either a 15" or 17" monitor I would feel safe using the 800x600 res.

RE

Fact - "48 percent of web users are running 640 x 480 Resolution as of October 1999."

http://www.dimensionstudios.net