A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Stop button broken on my music player?

Stop button broken on my music player?

Please see attached. it is the .fla file and song.fla

i have been building a flash music player that reads external .swf files, but I dont understand why my first button is broken. When I press stop it does not work, but the 2nd songs stops when I press stop. Both song.fla files are the same.

Please help if you have time

thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by keith chegwin; 07-21-2006 at 11:03 AM. Reason: whoops missed file

Flash Filosopher
    Well, I'm not certain, but my guess is that song 1 is missing a stop(); at the end of the timeline where the song is playing. It sounds like you're loading the movie clip, which is playing continually (looping), and you hit the stop button, which stops the sound from clip 1...until the song clip loops around again to the beginning and starts playing again.

Is there any particular reason why you made the player to read external swf's and not just mp3's? You may be able to achieve control that way a bit easier, without having to put every song into an external swf.

thanks for the quick response, you were right!
    I just forgot to add stop.You are a very kind individual.

I am making a little player for just two songs, so that is why I am just making them import swfs.....kind of like the idea of doing everything in flash too.

Thanks

K

Flash Filosopher
    Glad to help, that makes sense