A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with controlling timeline with a mediacontroller

[F8] Help with controlling timeline with a mediacontroller

Hello all, i have an issue that i can work on the solution so i ask for your help.

I´ve made a tutorial with captivate (adobe´s screen capture program) and then imported into flash 8 (after almost 4 hours of web searching i finally could do it copying a dll into flash 8 files and folders), then completed the animation with more stuff, effects, sounds, transitions, etc.

i did this because i realized that captivate cant stream content (you need adobe´s breeze for that) so i thought make it on flash.
    I tried making the swf video in order to later make it a FLV so i can stream it, but the quality of the swf to mov or avi doesnt look good.

then i remembered that flash is naturally a streamer (sort of speak) but now i need something the user can use to control de movie.

long story short, what im trying to do now is to put a mediacontroller kind of control, so i can controll the timeline of the movie (im talking abour 3000 frames) so it would be good that i can add play/pause buttons, rew/fwd buttons and progress bar.

I tried to do this but i can make it work. i´ve been searching for this answer in the board also and i cant find somithing to work with.

thank you all in advance for your help.
    Last edited by mmadrigal; 07-21-2006 at 06:50 PM.