dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flade

monkey king

Flade

Flade (http://www.cove.org/flade/) is a nice verlet physics engine in as 2.0. Class library is public too so its open for anyone of you guys to play with.

Runs quick but isnt quite as good as the fisix engine posted here. It cant test collisions of rotated rectangles like fisix (it just tests the vertices). I was playing with this one for a while and made a little game (http://key.projecttradio.com/tmp/truck.php) but this fisix thing looks a lot better. Cant wait to see what will develop with it.

Imbecile, one is AS2 and the other is AS3. There's a big difference in performance and therefore features. Smarten up.

flade is a quality engine, and the new as3 version (ape) seems to be very nice as well. I take my hat off to allen cove. great job!
    Last edited by ozmic66; 11-02-2006 at 11:03 PM.
    Pixelwave Flash-based iPhone framework
    iPhone Games: Flyloop | Freedom Run

Twitter: Oztune

Oh I didn't realize he released a new one.

Pretty clear why you're so happy about it? More ideas and code for you to rip off for your engine.

I usually won't reply to such ignorant comments, but all of the code in my engine was written 100% by me, and many of the features I have, other than standard physics things, are unique to Fisix
    Pixelwave Flash-based iPhone framework
    iPhone Games: Flyloop | Freedom Run

Twitter: Oztune

Quote Originally Posted by chewbaca7777
    Pretty clear why you're so happy about it? More ideas and code for you to rip off for your engine.
    Slow,tiger.
    You come here as a new member so maybe you don´t know. Here you should better have a good proof/argument before insulting / attacking other members in such a way. Don´t do that again and consider yourself warned.
    On the topic: Ozmic has helped lots of members here for a long while and indeed his engine has features many other engines lack.

wut? just repeating what everyone knows. lamers cant even give credit. i said ideas, too.

I don’t really develop games, only a few small eLearning games, but I have to state this. When working as a professional time = money if you save time by not having to rewrite code do it!!! Not all l33tz0rz have jobs in today’s fast paced industry. //long live opensource

Knows where you live
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbaca7777
    wut? just repeating what everyone knows. lamers cant even give credit. i said ideas, too.
    I never knew that having physics in a game was patented by flade.
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
    - Walter Bagehot
    The height of cleverness is to be able to conceal it.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld