A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help Me with buttons

Help Me with buttons

I have made an entire animated navigation

www.freewebs.com/illuzion1989/DarkFlashNav.html

I would like to link the buttons to go to a site on click. for example when someone clicks on the home button it will access the index.html file inside my webhosting. or when someone clicks the forum button it will go to our forum. can someone please help me. all of the buttons are movie clips if that helps you guys any...

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Adding the following to the movieclips should do it:
    Code:
    onClipEvent (mouseDown) {
    	getURL("index.html");
    }
    Or, if the movieclips have instance names (btn_mc for example), add this code to a frame script:
    Code:
    btn_mc.onMouseDown = function() {
    	getURL("index.html");
    }
    Hope that helps!!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

k in the .fla when you click on each of the buttons go into behaviours and go to web then put the web adress for the page

Add navigation to a button

With behaviors, you can quickly add navigation to a button without having to know ActionScript. You'll add navigation to open a web page when the user clicks a button.

On the Stage, select the instance of Button 1.
    In the Behaviors panel (Window > Behaviors), click Add Behavior and select Web > Go to Web Page.

In the Go to URL dialog box, select _blank in the Open In pop-up menu to open the URL in a new browser window. In the URL text box, either accept the default setting of http://www.macromedia.com or enter a different URL. Click OK.
    If desired, repeat the previous steps, selecting Button 2 and then Button 3, to add navigation to those buttons as well.
    Click the pop-up menu control in the upper-right side of the Behavior panel, and select Close Panel.

from the help section in FLASH MX.
    that's how I learned flash
    kenishii