A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loading external data into a check box

loading external data into a check box

Im using flash 8 and im wondering if it is posable to externaly load lables into a check box from xml.

If it is posible how would one go about doing it.

Any help is much apretiated.

caithness massiv
    you can always load the xml file (new XML), loop through the nodes with code, and dynamically set your labels accordingly ( _checkbox.label = node[i].attributes.label )

i don't know if the component inspector will allow you to set the bindings/schema to directly point to the label.

Im very sure your going to have to hold my hand a little more on this one. Im working with some programers on this site and we came up with using a dat grid and then using a empty movie clip to hold a check box but ther must be a easier way.

in my footer there is a link called xml 101... should be fairly easy and straight forward (VERY similar to just loading plain text)..

you can access the node tree/document much you would an array..using the XML specific methods of course.

to load the xml file is very easy, all you need to do is set up an array/loop to go through the xml elements and take each value and assign it to the checkBox..