A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Animation scroll?

Animation scroll?

I've seen this feature on several web sites, basically those which my suppilers are using with Flash... where the bar scrolls automatcially until you click or hover your mouse over it and it stops - making either a noise or changes images before it permits you a URL link to the source in which you click on. Can anyone tell me what this is called, and where can I find the source of making one similar to it?

Cheers!

Do you mean like an auto scroll kind of feature?? I don't seem to quite understand what you want/desire. Perhaps a sample of the 'animation scroll' you are seeking would proove useful in our ability to help you.
    e6750 .:. 2gb ddr2 800 .:. 8800gts g92
    masterrex.com / dreamingofdelusion.com
    <always up for anything fun>

Hi Master -

Well, I suppose. There's a bar which has contents on it, and two arrows pointing in the opposite direction of each other... the product content moves either way constantly unless you click on it.

I saw it on my vendor site: www.maxgroup.com - look at "Focus Items" you can see it below on the home page... but there isn't arrows on it - of course... but it's only an example. Think that might help explain my question?

Is there a step-by-step tutorial on creating such a thing?
    Last edited by David Alin; 08-04-2006 at 02:36 PM.
    David Alin - Sci-Fi Basically!