A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Tag for the collection

New Tag for the collection

I got a question. Can a tag be added to the forum code? Or maybe this can be done with the existing "[IMG]" tag. Anyway, I want to see something added to the battle threads. I think it would be sweet that the first entry of the volley threads would read through the rest of the thread and pick out all the pictures and put links to them or show them right at the front. I like to browse the volleys and I want to see all the pics.

Moving to the Feedback area... the Arena is only for images. Discussions like this should happen elsewhere. And besides, this is something the Admins could answer.

But truth be told, it's not that hard to go through and find the images.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    I'm no admin here, but yeah its possible, but unlikely to happen as it would put a large strain on the page loading especially on threads like the 'Open Battle : everybody was kung fu fightin'..." which would need to loop through so many database entries to produce a result.

I did start a hack for phpBB couple of year back to produce a PS Battle forum, idea was it loaded a seperate area (horizontal scroll at top of page) where battle images where thumbnailed, images where loaded up to the server into a seperate database table and id'd to the battle and ordered.
    Issue with this on FK would be the extra filespace required to house every image uploaded as external links would make things buggy as you couldn't rely on the images always being available, of course this could be addressed with a php ping function and if image ping fails a replacement image added, but that again would add strain to the page load having to ping evey external battle image and wait for a timeout.

So i think your lucks out... make time to browse and read the comments that are posted too.
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Being honest, it's very unlikely. We have this site balanced on 3 monster servers and it's still all we can do to keep up with the load demands. The site is just too huge and too trafficked to heap even a little more weight on the servers. You'll see a performance hit and starting seeing timeouts again

Thanks for the replies. Just curious. Thanks again