A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] We want an as3 forum!

[RESOLVED] We want an as3 forum!

Hi!

Since AS3 is pretty new to everyone, I think almost everyone who likes to play around with the new language would profit from a separate discussion/help-board on this topic. If you're into it please post a "yeah, would be great!" in this topic, and maybe when there's enough animo (?english), flashkit could open a new forum for us.
    Thanks to you and thanks to the people of flashkit!

Wouter.

Hi!

yeah, would be great! I also would love a head start in this new language and by opening a section for it, we can colaborate and discover the true power of AS3 sooner and more efficiently.

Im happy with AS2 at the minute but i will learn AS3 soon. Yeah they should make an AS3 forum and i dont see why not either it only involves clicking few butons to add it
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusen
    Im happy with AS2 at the minute but i will learn AS3 soon. Yeah they should make an AS3 forum and i dont see why not either it only involves clicking few butons to add it
    There will have to be moderators in there too.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Oh yeah i suppose.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Intermediate Flash Programmer
    I'm all for an as3 forum. Might as well get a head start on learning it since its out. I know that some of our clients are already asking us to do stuff in as3, just because they want the code to be re-useable in the future.

Would be great to have a forum just for it!

sorry, gerbs, but i'm in for one too. And if I have to, I guess I could mod it.

I think something new is needed, but I am not sure yet what exactly should be included in new forum.

Only AS3? Only OOP? It is possible to write AS3 code without using any user-defined classes. Any code that compiles under AS3?

What program would be supported? Flex2 is out and there is no forum for it. F9AS3 preview is available, but since it is preview version, it may change a lot before final version. For example writing tutorial for novice Flex user is completely different from writing tutorial for novice F9AS3 user. And, I can be wrong, but it looks to me you can not actually take Flex code, copy/paste it into F9AS3 and expect it to run.

I vote tony for mod of new forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tonypa
    I think something new is needed, but I am not sure yet what exactly should be included in new forum.

Only AS3? Only OOP? It is possible to write AS3 code without using any user-defined classes. Any code that compiles under AS3?

What program would be supported? Flex2 is out and there is no forum for it. F9AS3 preview is available, but since it is preview version, it may change a lot before final version. For example writing tutorial for novice Flex user is completely different from writing tutorial for novice F9AS3 user. And, I can be wrong, but it looks to me you can not actually take Flex code, copy/paste it into F9AS3 and expect it to run.
    The forum should focus only on AS3 used in connection with the F9 preview in my opinion and cover of course OOP. In fact users should get familiar more with OOP than the regular "in the movie only" scripting.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Thank you! Great!