A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Old account disabled

[RESOLVED] Old account disabled

I really dont know what for but my old account Tidenburg was completly stopped from doing ANYTHING. I could view and all but in the bottom it says:
    you CANT post
    you CANT reply
    you CANT etc, etc.
    So then i made this account tidusen.
    Can someone tell me why this happened because tidenburg is my nickname on everything i dont even really like the name tidusen (sounds wierd.)
    I dont want the account back because this account has a higher-post count. Can a mod find out why it happened or change this acccounts name to tidenburg instead. PLEASE!
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

i just check the account again and it says this:
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts
    if you want proof its my account ill mail you the password for it.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Did you change your password or e-mail? That user is still registered, however it's "Awaiting E-mail Confirmation".

And besides... you should have only one account. Did you register Tidenburg on December 14, 2005 and Tidusen on February 2006, only to report this problem in August of 2006?

Sign back in with your old account, and change your e-mail or password, something to trigger your e-mail confirmation that was sent out on your last visit with that account on December 14, 2005. Or wait for an admin to re-send the e-mail confirmation if you really want that.

And when you get that account back up and running, I'll have to ban your Tidusen account, and you'll be stuck using your Tidenburg account losing all of the posts you've made with Tidusen.

You can not have more than one account.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Huh? I did activate it. I just went on one day and it wouldnt let me post anything. I complained once but in the wrong section. I never knew there was a feedback section as my FK browsing it limited to about 4 sections and thats it.
    Last edited by tidenburg; 08-06-2006 at 07:13 PM.

And this bothers you 445 posts later?

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusen
    Huh? I did activate it. I just went on one day and it wouldnt let me post anything. I complained once but in the wrong section. I never knew there was a feedback section as my FK browsing it limited to about 4 sections and thats it.
    So... what do you want done?

You want this account disabled as soon as you get your original one back up that you couldn't post from originally?

If that's the case, then I'll have to get an Admin involved. Just weird to finally complain about this some 8 months later. btw, say goodbye to your avatar.

As an user, you can view all of the sections that are publicly available. You just may not be able to post, but you can view.

You must have changed the email in that account because that's the only way it would require activation again, and that's where it's currently sitting. I have resent the activation email to the address in that account.

oh yeah. I never knew you had to re-activate after you change e-mails. oh well you can delete tidenburg if you want.
    btw, say goodbye to your avatar.
    Why are you getting so agro with me for wanting to know why my account was disabled?

I'm not getting agro dude. Just letting you know what's all going to happen so to avoid the confusion and/or anything else down the line.

In the last 6 years since I've been here, and when the avatar restrictions were put into place, if something like this happened and it was corrected, then people got very mad, posted about what was corrected per their request only to have forgotten that they have to have 100 posts for an avatar, et al.

It's called a reminder. Please do not read anything else into it. Too much experience when things get fixed and the people get upset about not having what they're used to... a 75 by 75 avatar has gotten us mods cursed out from time to time.

Sounds like you've made up your mind, I'm just letting you know what's all going to happen in case you've forgotten. Nothing major, mmkay?

KK. Sorry for any confusion ive caused here ill just forget the old account.

It's all cool.

And it's no problem either way. I was just was letting you know what was going to happen.

Feel free to make up your mind either way, I just don't want you to be upset with how things are, or what will happen when you get your old account back.

Heck... get the username you want! Want the old one, there's an admin that was active in the thread... he'll see which you want, and go from there. Either way, check your e-mail, sounds like he's re-sent that confirmation e-mail.

Nah im fine. I'd rather have this post count than a better name, i was only calling you agro because when you said say goodbye to your avatar i thought u meant yo0u were going to disable my avatar on tidusen i never thought u meant with my low Post count on my old account i couldnt have one,
    me = stupid
    ive requested my tidenburg account to be deleted i dont want to be breaking any rules
    Last edited by tidenburg; 08-07-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Ah, but I can MERGE the 2 accounts! We have the technology, we can make them stronger, faster, better!

Ah, but I can MERGE the 2 accounts! We have the technology, we can make them stronger, faster, better!
    If you mean as in changing this accounts name to Tidenburg (which i hope you are) I would like that better

Actually I can merge them, the post totals would be combined, and if I merge the new into the old (instead of the reverse) the older join date would be used.

Ok, it's done. You have to log into the Tidenburg account now. The PW should be unchanged, or if you can't get in then click forgot password and you'll get an email to reset it.

Wicked thanks. One thing though. It says my avatar can't be be put up because i dont have 100+ posts lol.

sweet... you got both of what you wanted dude.

hmmm, odd about the posts. he'll see this on his next sweep.

works now. New avatar!