A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: problem with IE 6

problem with IE 6

my application runs well with flash 8 but when i used same with flash player9
    following error came and the IE window terminated
    " The following add-on was running when this problem occured
    File : flash9.ocx"

That's an ActiveX error. Are you getting the error via the browser or when you're debugging the app via the Flash app?

Either way, you might want to uninstall via Add/Remove, re-download the newest version, download it to your desktop, close and kill all iexplore.exe and reinstall the Flash 9 player.

I've had to do that on one machine that was giving a friend heck, and that actually solved it.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

i am getting this error via browser.. is flash player 9 exe available anywhere pls let me know

thanx but... i had installed player 9 through same link previously there was still problem so i was searching for exe of player 9

Forgot that you can't download via IE - I use Firefox, and you have to download it to your machine and install it.

I just dislike IE for a lot of reasons... ActiveX is definintely one of the reasons.

Looking for the standalone installer at Adobe didn't fair too well - found all of the debug versions though right here, so I hit up my old standby just in case and found the redistributable download of Flash Player 9 right here at Fileforum/Betanews.

I'd uninstall using the Flash Player Uninstall to get rid of the ActiveX control, and then install with the *.exe to get a proper *.ocx.

At least that might get you on your way. Are you having problems with any other plugins, btw?

There you go.

i have installed firefox and downloaded the flash player 9 exe from the link u mentioned
    i have uninstalled the flash player 8 from add/remove in control panel and
    again installed from the exe downloaded but still it shows player 8
    what is the problem

You're telling me that it says Flash 8, or Flash 9?

Originally, you stated flash9.ocx. Now you're saying flash8. which is it?

When you go to a website and flash is present, right click on the movie, what version does it state then? Should say "About Adobe Flash Player 9". That link I sent you was for 9.0.16.0 for IE.

actually i had flash 9 but due to that error i couldn't test my application so i unsinstalled it .. and installed flash player 8 now as per ur solution i am trying to do but i am not able to install player 9

ok. I think there's a major misunderstanding.

The link to file forum is to version 9.0 for Internet Explorer.

I had you uninstall the faulty 9.0 plugin only to try to correct your flash9.ocx - the ActiveX control for the Flash 9.0 plugin for use solely within Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I know that your program is in 8.0; but I'm not touching that. I'm only dealing with the problem with the flash9.ocx. I've not linked you to the Flash 8 player once.