A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Flash 8] XML object: strange IE vs Firefox problem

[Flash 8] XML object: strange IE vs Firefox problem

I'm using XML objects to pull in data from a MySQL database, via PHP scripts. I've just come across a problem in Internet Explorer, where if I make a change to the database from the Flash movie (eg. add or delete a record), then refresh the database info in the Flash movie by recalling the XMLobject.load method, it still shows the results from before I made the change - ie. if I've just deleted a record, it stills shows in the database query results. The weird thing is, if I test the movie in Firefox (or directly from Flash), the data refreshes fine and it reflects the change I've just made.

I hope I've explained the problem clearly - I'm getting a bit confused here! Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm getting a bit desperate as the project deadline is approaching fast!

append a variable to your load sequence to force the server to send fresh data -
    verDate = new Date();
    verTime = verDate.getTime();
    my_xml.load("test.xml?vers="+verTime);

Thanks for that - do I need to do anything to my PHP script?

After a bit more research, I found that adding a couple of headers to my PHP script to disable caching does the trick! (Just in case anyone's interested)