A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I need help finding something

I need help finding something

I am sure someone here would know what I am talking about.

I was looking through the internet a while ago, and stumbled across this program/application/script .. or something like that, where you create a flash site, and the client can edit all the text areas by simply clicking the screen .. a login box appears ... they fill in the correct login info, and can then add/edit/delete all of the text. I am pretty sure it was something I can add to my own flash files .... not a hosted site builder program.

I thought for sure I bookmarked it to look into further, but now I cant find it to save my life. I dont know what its called, and any help I can get to find it .. or something similar for users to edit their own text like that - without having them update a txt file, and reupload all the time - would be great.

Thank You

Noob who tries to make a game
    are you talking abount input text in flash?

No, its an application like this one ... http://www.edit.com/ ... only this one if for html. I have seen one for flash, but I can remember where.

oh, you might be able to use input text with loading of outside sources but im a noob and dunno what im talking about... i am having problems left and right...

Yeah .. thats not what Im looking for.

Anything i can help with?

do you know hot to make bullets come out of a gun and face the way i am? want a fla to work with?

here

heres the fla i am talking about
    Attached Files Attached Files

the fla didnt help much, but wouldnt you be able to just scale the bullet to appear like its getting closer?

huh?? i dont understand why scale a bullet in an overhead view?

My bad. I thought you wanted the bullet to face YOU .. "the screen"

You trying to have the bullet come from the character and go the way he is facing .. right?

I havent done that for anything yet, but I would probably put the bullet mc in the character mc, and then it shoud follow the same direction as the character. Thats just a guess though.

i tried that, it only made the bullet stay still and not move at all, or moved with me when i changed dir

Hmm .. Im not sure. The only bullets I have made were straight from the character. Here is something I made, messing around about a year ago ... its about as far as I have managed to get with game type stuff. http://www.customgraphicsandweb.com/metalmissions.html

It may take a while to load. I never did put a preloader on it.

do you still have the metal missions flash? i can put a preloader on it
    if ever there was someone dragging along behind a pickup truck it'd probably be me

No I dont ..... I lost it when my computer got hit by lightening. I still could if I wanted to by loading that swf externally and preloading that .. but I dont really need to.

ah ok
    if ever there was someone dragging along behind a pickup truck it'd probably be me