A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Getting Data from MC instance

Unhappy

Hey all,

I have recieved a few work arounds from the list, but I keep needing the same thing. Info returned from a MC instance. Earlier I had to quit trying to get a return from a button MC, I was trying to avoid blinking button by making the Rollover test the frame number of an imbedded button move. That did not work well. Now I want an instance MC to overtake the screen right before I jump to another section. However I cannot seem to Wait or Loop until the MC has finnished playing because the screen does not refresh there for the test condition never occurs I think it is because the test is outside of the MC and the value of the variables or _currentframe occur one level down and never work their way out. I keep trying to return a value from the MC, and where as "tell" does a wonderfull job of putting values into the MC, it does a horrible job of returning values. (PS Where the hell is the "PING" to test if an action occurs) Anyhow, all I have been able to accomplish is a direct jump to another scene, or the repeated loop (and error return) of the MC. I am trying to avoid making multiple "jump pages" as I am sure I will get some sort of disappearing graphics or jumping, and that is what I am trying to avoid with the MC. I know you guys are doing it. Either in a fade or in a screen squash, I have seen it a dozen times. i just cant re-create it with this "Psuedo-scripting" that is not documented in the manuals worth a poo.

Thanks

Vince

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

I'm still working on the problem, Sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Just bogged down with other work and this is a bit to look at. Will try and get the answer's to you soon. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.