A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HDR Thread ::Official::

I was comparing that car to my beater and filthy pickup in the image above.

I've seen some really nice cars that just popped off the screen in HDR, but they were all polished up.

u are talking about my fiesta pics lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    Unfortunatley, I'm subject challenged where I live. Everything just seems so ordinary around here, unless your really into modern day farm country stuff. LOL
    Go macro, Geez. Instead of broad landscape shots, find smaller havens of interest and beauty then focus in on that.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

I love Macro. Even when I was into film, macro was what I was really interested in.

Now that I have a good camera again, I've already started my collection of bugs and flower parts.

Got a suggestion for a good lens that I won't have to sell a body part to buy?

oops double post
    Last edited by slinky2000; 08-23-2006 at 04:44 AM.

Show off lol

I took a few rounds of shots I will put together tonight when I get home. I didn't get home till really late and now I am back to work...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    This image was blended together after each layer was individually played with in PS changing colors and the contrast and dodging and burning...I need to try that!...once I get good normal HDR's

Didn't notice this earlier WannaBe but:

Quote Originally Posted by Photography Forum Rules
    1) All images and/or photographs posted in this thread MUST be original images and/or photographs taken by the individual poster. If you want to post your Mom's work, just give her credit.
    You never really did state that that photo wasn't yours...

tsk...tsk...tsk!

Oh...! Threads Merged and the crap removed.....including my own.

Sorry, I did credit them in a later post a few down but I added the link to that post just in case someone misses that. I hope to get some HDR's of that caliber one day
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Took these about an hour ago. Just ran them through Photomatix and played with the settings. Getting better. This D-30 will bracket only 3 at a time, but you can set the exposure amount. In these, it's set at +2, 0 -2, and it's a lot quicker than that Kodak, so the clouds aren't blurred. I used a remote shutter release and a tripod. Still got some blur in one of them. And I think using only 3 originals is not near as good as 7. Seems to be some noise creeping in, probably from Photomatix, cause I used ISO 200 and Auto AWB. wish I knew more about using PhotoShop though.

Last edited by Ask The Geezer; 08-23-2006 at 02:52 PM.

Those are pretty impressive there Geezer. I love the clouds, they are just so much darker then thje rest of the scenes...

Photoshop, What exactly you trying to "learn"? I can try to help you out with whatever you ask. And I am sure other can help where I can't or atleast point you in directions of some good phototutorials

www.good-tutorials.com under photo retouching has some OK ones..mostly crap effects and not very well explained methods.

Well, I got PS 6 like 6 years ago, then 7. I never really used it for anything other than resizing and cropping. So I'm a total newbie with it. I do have my old book for PS 6 though. dusted it off and started reading it again last night.

Essentially, I want to be able to use masking and curves, and understand what I'm doing rather than just click buttons and sliders at random. I've always hated Adobe stuff though. It's just not intuitive for a long time Windows weenie.

Reading books and tutorials about what the actual tools do is a good thing to do but really getting down and dirty with the program and playing with all the little buttons and sliders and actually SEEING what they do to a photo is the best way to get into it.

And that is the second time you said PS was hard for you to understand because you are a long time windows user...what does that mean? I have used PS on a mac and didn't like it AS much as when I use it in windows. I am a windows user so that is probably why

And if you have any specific questions just ask. I am by NO means good at PS either but I can try to help.

I've been using it so long now, for just the simple things, that it's not so strange anymore. Hard to describe, but when I first got it, all the menu items were sort of strange, different than what I was use to in the other windows programs that I was using, like MS PhotoDraw. Nothing was named the same, even though they did the same things. That threw me off.

If I remember right, when I installed PS, I tried using it a few times, then it was almost 2 years before I opened it again. Not the easiest program to learn.

Oh I got you now. Yeah I wanted to get into photoshop when I first wanted to get into flash like...damn umm....6-7 years ago now. I opened up a picture in photoshop and was SO lost I just started playing around and produced large amounts of crap and just closed it to never use it again for years(which I hate myself now for) I think that was Photoshop 5.5 I used. I didn't really get back into photoshop till senior year of highschool with PS7 and have never looked back. I go in and out of phases where I use it ALL the time and then go for long periods of time where it just sits there. Getting into photography and actually taking my OWN shots that I want to look better I am more motivated to do so and play around. Also with school starting this sunday I will have way more free time to take shots and use PS which might sound weird...but my summers are always so busy with things not related to my computer I hardly get anytime with it.

How do I reduce the noise in those 3 above?

Has anyone here bought Photomatix? Is the final quality clearer than the trial versions? Cause the originals had no noise at all. I'm wondering if it's a setting I'm missing.

There is ways in PS to reduce the noise and there is also plugin's you can get that work a lot better(I forget names...but google is god) and then there is NEAT IMAGE everyone over at DPchallenge.com seem to run their images through it before posting...

Hell, with that $100 you thought you lost buy neat image or photomatix

I have some more I will post but this is a quicky I did...

Larger

do any of you have 'standard' copies of the photos you are taking? would be nice to be able to compare that with the HDRs.......

i'm loving these at the moment. don't really understand how they're done- need to look into it more..