A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: HDR Thread ::Official::

It's only sorta' 'pseudo' HDR. I just saved off two sets of images (stitched photo) exposing for the sky and foreground. Then stuck them in photoshop. Adjusted the layers and then erased away the darkened foreground on the top layer to leave just the sky.

Then merged them. Messed with the levels a bit more - using the lasso and feather commands to selectively adjust the contrast on areas.

Then also made a new layer set to 'soft light' and used black/white and a feathered brush to paint over areas - effectively dodging and burning.

Resized. Thought it might look nice cropped a bit and in b&w. Separated out the red channel in the mixer (I think! Either that or a straight desaturation) then another slight levels change and a sharpen.

wow, the color version is even better. man, you know your pshop too...

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Thanks nords! pbase hotlinking seems a bit dodgy sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by robbmcaulay
    Like the composition matt, the gravestones could do with a little dodging. I think a little selective dodging and burning after the main HDRing can make an image really pop.

I just tried a little for my photoblog...

at first i thought that cone was a lawngnome. i was a little let down when i saw it was just a cone

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    my god! now this is HDR! (found in your link wannabe)
    http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr-guide/

Nikonist
    Doooh...forgot it was there!
    I've read it before but didn't bookmark the link...NOW I did!
    Thank's lefty for digging it out
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread.

My attempt at HDR from a walk in Richmond Park today:

I'm still not 100% on the whole idea of HDR - I'm not mad on my own picture TBH. I think it's an interesting effect but I'm just not sure whether I actually like it...

Nikonist
    It's kind of unrealistic...I'm away from extreme HDR...very rarely I use it in a 'mild' way...there is a fascinating aspect in this shot...think it's the white walls that pull a lot attraction
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Nice shot. I am sorta bored with the whole 100% HDR look since as you can see if makes this weird dark/light area on your surfaces. Good job on it none the less.

100% HDR are usually interesting in B&W- have you tried that?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Yeah - I'd much rather be pleased with a shot that takes very little editing than something I've photomatixed and photoshopped to the max.

I will give the B&W a go - I actually discarded the PS file after I exported because I was so unsure about it but I'll give it a second go with B&W.

It's odd, it's almost like I don't like seeing other people running their snaps through photomatix but every so often I can't help doing it myself..

It's a bit like eating a pot-noodle or reading a trashy newspaper - you know you shouldn't be doing it because it's a quick and easy fix but sometimes you just can't help yourself..