dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Latest...slow fwa sites...ergg

Latest...slow fwa sites...ergg

Whats with these sites that are getting awards for being terrible slow, and not user friendly. Yeah they have some good things in there too, but alot of them are wierd and hard to navigate. Im a developer which generally likes to wait the load time out to see something good, but these sites that FWA are putting out awards for are rediculous. I hate waiting for them. For instance...
    http://www.stijl-on-web.com/

P.S. im not saying im the best developer out there either..or better than they are for that matter.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF
    See full complaint here > www.actionfx.net/complaint.htm

who's FWA?

I didn't bother to try that url.

The truth is there are a lot of sites that could load faster had the designer just took some time to figure out what they are doing. I figure it's thier issue not mine.

I also don't take stock in the award sites stuff, aside from a passing interest in the webbies.

i really enjoyed that site, the navigation was pretty nice, and it loaded fast enough for me.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

this one doesnt take that much time to load, but its slow moving...slow getting to the point, and when you get to the point, you have no idea what the site is really about, and at that point you lost interest. Thats like having a BIG NOSE and cant smell for nothing hahah.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

the point was to show the differnt things that they have made. i got the point pretty quickly with very little downtime.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

CNL83 .. you run on a MAC ?
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

i agree with CNL83. its purely subjective, but, that site didnt really do it for me. over-styled, imo.

Ah finally an AGREER! CHEERS MATE!
    Im on a PC BTW.

Ya see we are developers, and are always looking for good flash. Lets have a general consumer which is the average 20 year old. Most of them are not developers. They are looking for certain services...what do you think they will do when they see this confusing..unclear message? Probably hit the back button and continue googling.

My point is: There is no point..im just wining. I think the award sites must give awards to keep their bidness going, and are not giving a wards genuinally good sites.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

unless you're looking at county fair blue ribbons, most awards turn out to be trade favors. i really cant think of any public award system, from nobel to emmy to a positive magazine article that isnt tainted with some kind of agenda.

technically a very well done site. but I swear... it just didn't keep my attention. I'm not a fan of overdone transitions.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]