dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Help] Something I'm doing wrong?

[Help] Something I'm doing wrong?

How can I make a post interesting, so people will look at my game?

It seems that I'm being ignored...

a post on flash kit? lol have something super advanced that everyone can drool over.

Place some naked chicks, strawberries and cream. Will got my attension

firstly id reccommend putting somthing like [GAME] or [BETA] in tags before the title. This way people will want know its not for help and will play the game. If the game is nothing new, original or good then people will probably just hit the back button so put the game into some decent preparation before posting it up. Also think about time zones. If youve just got in britain then americans wont be able to post until about 5 hours or more later (vise - versa.)
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Put a screenshot or two of the good bits, make sure the topic title explains the purpose of the topic exactly (bad topic: 'i need sum help wid dis', good topic: '[HELP] Time-based collision detection?'), and post all relevant code rather than attaching a fla or zip.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

OK, Thanks... I'll do that. The last two posts that is. I don't think I could manage the first one.

Also avoid terms like "Instant Classic". Unless it is, it'll just make you look like you're giving it large.
    People playing it can tell if it's good or not, we really don't need to be told in advance.

Squize.

Place some naked chicks, strawberries and cream. Will got my attension
    *Drools* Yup, i think we have a winner...
    92.7 Fresh FM for all your South Aussies - Doof Doof music FTW people!

In response to Squize: Yeah, well, it got attention for a little bit, because people wanted to see whether it really was (I guess) and found out it wasn't. But I got what I needed in the long run, that is feedback on what to do with the game (needless to say, it is a small precentage of the populus that responded, but I'll just average it out with other comments I've gotten... mostly they all say it's too hard, or maybe the instructions aren't clear, or maybe both.) Anyway, I got what I wanted, and it's really all I needed... I suppose someone could gather all the statistics for me, but the game already does that, and people credit me as being good at math, so I think I can handle the evaluation and combination into a new and better game... Sorry if that wasn't to the point, but you did bring up another post.