A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Help Us To Save Ana

Please Help Us To Save Ana

I am posting this on behalf of our friend and longtime administrator/moderator, Pete Senarighi (CompguyPete). If you visit webedeveloper.com, or virtualdr.com, you most likely know him.

In June of 2006 Pete learned that his 11 year old daughter, Andriana (or Ana), has a brain tumor, and that because of its position and intertwining with the brain and brain stem, it is inoperable.

Therefore, the only treatment option open to them is chemo-therapy. Unfortunately, being self-employed, Pete does not have health insurance, and is currently faced with more than $25,000 in medical bills from the battery of tests performed, which he simply does not have the means to pay.

Andriana has begun chemo-therapy, and Pete has applied for various types of financial assistance, but these are by no means guaranteed, nor are they timely solutions, so we are asking those who visit our forums if they would like to assist.

Toward that end we have set up a paypal account and secured a domain name, oneana.com, where visitors can make donations via paypal, and help this family through this very difficult time. Thank you.

Sincerely, JPnyc

Dude That's rough

Aw, man. . I don't mean to say this in poor taste (adding a commercialized aspect to something as serious as this.), but you should consider applying for AdSense / Google Ads as a way to make some extra money for those of us who want to help out, but either don't have a paypal account or enough money to make a worth while contribution.

I don't think there's a single person on here who couldn't spare a minute visiting the advertised sites.

It is times like this I wish I had money. I would click on adds, that google things sounds like a good idea.

Still waiting on the paycheck, but I donated whatever I can. Who the hell needs a DS anyway.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Give what you can, even one dollar will help.

Wow that's awful. Just donated.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Just donated.

I donated... will donate more when I clear up more funds.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Pete, would she mind if we sent her hand written letters? I know that stuff always cheers me up. What I can't donate in money I can donate in wit .

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar
    Very sad to hear about this. Hope the treatment goes well ! Amen !
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

Yoga could be of great help for her

As far as I know Yoga in india initiated by Guru Ramdev ji is doing wonders for tumor patients. Please try this therapy for her.

Hummm.... I'm not sure how many times I could say thank you enough to get across what this has means to my family.

To date we've raised nearly 14% of our current amount owed. I say currently since we have had a new appointment this last week and now next week we have chemo round 2 of 12.

Let me answer a couple questions to save Joe the hassle

Genesis F5 "AdSense / Google Ads as a way to make some extra money"
    Great suggestion... I'll have to look to getting approved by Google to get adsense up and running. If anyone has exp. adding adsense to Wordpress based sites I'd love to hear from you. I've only added it to HTML static pages.

Asclepeos - Ana LOVES her DS lite, to hear that someone sent her money instead of getting one would break her heart. REALLY! You get your DS Lite, and when you have money in the future think of us then. Besides there is that New Pokemon game coming out next month for the DS and if your looking forward to it as much as she is you won't want to miss out.

alty29 - Ana would love some letters, our home address is on the oneana.com site. Her sister, my daughter, Annissa tonight is writing a letter to her Baton teacher who is in the National Gaurd building that Great Wall or whatever it is they're doing down there along the US/Mexico border. She wanted to do the quicker method of an email but we had to tell this 9 year old how people love getting mail that someone took the time to write. So your letters would be most welcome.

jasleen - If you have some sites or readings on it I would love to look into it. We're trying to find inventive ways to get her to be more active. The clinic staff say that if you fell like you have no energy and you do nothing about it your going to go downhill rather quickly. As it is she's gained 17lbs since the middle of July, most of which is because of the steroid she's on.

Anyways this weekend I'm going to work a couple of items, google adsense, some banners, and some more information.

OH one last thing... I can't believe that for as long as I've been working on the other JM sites I've never registered here. I hope to hang out a bit more in the future, but the only flash development I do is rather tame to what I'm sure most of you do. I build ads for LCD boards that go in washrooms, where because of the system specs I'm required to export everything at Flash5, and overly complex files go extremely slow.

14% That's a great start.

I hope you achieve your goal. expect more in the kitty from me.

Hope to read more from ya soon

Frets

Donated. My thoughts are with your daughter, you and the rest of your family.

Definitely look into AdSense. I am using the same skin (kubrick) on my blog. It's based on BBlog, but I'm sure the process of adding AdSense is similar. Let me know if you need any help.

/Flip
    Flipsideguy

Adding AdSense to a blog is quite easy... I have the experience in both blogs and web pages. Getting it approved is another story altogether though.

Just don't ask for people to click your ads outright on the page. Google doesn't quite like that. But if anything, I can prove that it pays to have those ads on the page.

btw, I donated too. Good luck on it all.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Nice. Thank you for adding AdSense.

Flash 8 Animator/Programmer
    hope all goes well.

hi pete , i have had some experience with wordpress templating ... http://weblog.featuredhost.com is my personal blog where i use Adsense ... let me know if you need any help .
    Currently my paypal is little low , so will donate after a while , but i will .
    If you do need help , i would be most happy to help out .

Just donated.

I think you should tell people in the Microsoft Forums.

With a little persuasion - Microsoft themself might take this up.
    (And before Bill leaves the Computer field for the Medical field too)

Please give it a try...