A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Php intergration

Php intergration

I have been given a challenge by a friend of mine and was wondering if I could get some help in referencing the info I might need to complete the task.

I am being requested to make a "match script" basically he wants it for a game so users can sign up for a "one on one" with one another and keep tally of who comes out on top and all in flash none the less.

There will be the following fields...
    Names, PUID# (a 6-12 digit number), Map, Vehicle, Date, Time, Server, Who Won, and an option where users can challenge one another from a list of wins vs. losses. Each user will have their own name and password to keep tack of.

So the way I see it is a database where flash writes and calls from, with a php backend to handle the posting.

Is what I am requesting possible in flash and if so does anyone have a sample of flash posting to a database that can be shared with me. Once script is completed I will be sure to post the full source files for everyone to enjoy
    life aint easy, stop whinen'
    Oldnewbi - if you quit this forum needs to be shut down!, its posintless without you!

i found this refference, but it was never completed. I tried what he had done, but recieved no luck. But i feel he is on the right track with it, i can change the fields around to suite my needs and than the rest of it will just be plug and play.

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/s...d.php3?t=60644

but then again i could be wrong

-edited-

another loading refference
    http://www.flash-db.com/Tutorials/loading/

and a saving refference
    http://www.flash-db.com/Tutorials/saving/

the peices are coming together, but i am still open for more sugestions please
    Last edited by ikandi-mac; 09-07-2006 at 06:40 AM.
    Oldnewbi - if you quit this forum needs to be shut down!, its posintless without you!

update*

I now have the above files talking to one another, and saving data to my SQL databse. Now i just need to figure out how to get it to load the full table data for a "View All" option any ideas?

bumb

wow i didnt know everyone was so helpful, i love talking to myself, and really great advice everyone keep up the good work! ?????? lol am i not being seen or does no one care or know?

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Nothing like waking up to sarcasm.

Seeing as you've answered your own question many times above in the span of the same day....maybe users are just letting you do what you should have done in the first place which is to look around the net for examples (which you seem to have done just fine).

You've posted no specific PHP / MySQL or AS problem but instead general questions which require the person who replies to either:

1. built if for you or teach you
    2. perfectly integrate the files you've chosen using the links you placed above

and you are suprised this post is being avoided by users?....Really? Are you also complaining at Flash-DB.com and Actionscript.org...the places you've decided to gain code from? Or is it we here at Flashkit only get the pleasure of your complaining to support code we do not house nor need (we do in fact have a movie section that is rivaled by none)? Post a specific problem and it will get addressed. Continue to be vague and you will continue to answer your own threads. We didn't get this large NOT helping people.

its ok, your from new york, i understand your mind set now

thanks for your post and good luck with your surgery.
    i hope the doctors can remove your blockage and you don't have to sit on that round pillow anymore.
    Last edited by ikandi-mac; 09-11-2006 at 01:35 AM.