A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tutorial for posting with Flash?

Tutorial for posting with Flash?

Hi, I'm interested in learning how to create a Flash site where you can engage the user and allow them to post messages. An example I have in mind is this great Forgotten War site: http://www.pillandpillow.com/msfCongo/mainEng.html

That site allows users to write a message, and it's immediately put on the website for everyone to see. Does anyone know of a tutorial that shows how to create something like this?
    Illustrations, animations, games, and interactions on the web as you've never seen.
    SKYCASTLE STUDIOS

well...the scale/zoom is a whole 'nother matter...is that what your after as well?..or just a simple guest book/shout box?

If the later...there are two links in my footer that wll walk you through what you need to do.

Most likely you will need to use a DB or use a flat text file to save all the messages. (or export it out to XML using PHP)

either way..these will get you started:

save-2-text
    &
    varObject.

there are several parts/steps to this.

1.) an interface (form) that lets the user enter in the message
    2.) a php script that grabs tis data form the form and dumps it inot an XML file, text file or a database
    3.) the flash movie will then 'poll' (load) the message(s) and display them in whatever type of GUI/environemnt you dreated to display the message(s).