• 21-30

47 45.63%
  • 31-40

10 9.71%
  • 40+

2 1.94%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: age check

"Thats very nice of you Squize, give the mere mortals a chance for some glory. "

My comment was said in jest, the clue's in the " " at the end.

Squize.

"Became a father when I was 19"
    So technically you only had one year of "freedom"
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

I would not wait till my 18th to feel free tidenburg. I was 21 when I became father, with totally no regrets. I think I lived my life between my 14th and 21th a thousand times intenser than the average human being. So time was right, I already got bored of "freedom" then. Not that that matters, it's just that age doesn't matter anyway.
    edit: That is as long as you make the decision yourself, ofcourse.
    Last edited by walnoot; 09-15-2006 at 04:59 PM.

when i say "freedom" i mean, 18 films in cinemas, alcohol, driving, sex the whole load is now available. Mind you you """>>>COULD<<<""" have been a mass-reprobate/rebel and have done all that when you were 14
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Well, I live in the Netherlands, compared to the US here is anarchy. You can do whatever you want when you're 14.

well it must be more than anarchy compared to me then because im from the UK

You maybe just have to leave your computer for a couple of days and check the world outside.

*sigh* i would rant here in my defense but i cant be bothered. Actually i can Of the 19 hours im awake i spent about 1 1/2 in total on the pc a day and the rest in town. If you think i dont drink etc because im inside so much *which im not* its because the whole of our area is soo small everyone know what you do and youll get caught for sure. England isnt as slack on laws as america

Quote Originally Posted by walnoot
    Well, I live in the Netherlands, compared to the US here is anarchy. You can do whatever you want when you're 14.
    Amen to that.

I went on a trip with my football team to play in a tournament out in Amsterdam and at the age of 15 we could go to clubs and get drunk. Dutch girls are rather nice by the way.

Trip was made even nicer by the fact we beat teams from around Europe (who were youth teams of 2nd tier clubs like Den Bosch) and won the tournament, and we were only a Sunday League side.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

This is why I will eventually move to america when im older. England is nice but you just dont have the freedom to do anything even remotly "bad" do you know how much sh** i got into just because i was caught smoking with my friends behind the school. Can someone just clear somthing up for me, my friends all seem to think that gun-crime is EVERYWHERE in the US and that america is just one big manchester. Is it really like that :S

Certain areas are well bad, others are fine.

When I went there on holiday for two weeks in Florida I saw two armed bank robberies (both ending in gun fights) and read about two news agents being held up in the newspapers as well.

It is quite crazy that you can just go into a shop and buy a desert eagle or something.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

wow seems this thread has turned into a social commentary!

tidenburg - you think you get more freedom in the US than the UK? i guess you havent been there yet mate (no offence to the boys across the water)

funny that a thread like this that has no reference to flash or games is one of the most popular for a long time....

i guess you havent been there yet mate
    Ive always wanted to go to new york it would be really cool. But weve already had our 2 holidays this year and we are going ski-ing around christmas time so we cant go anywhere else. Plus my family still insists there is still a large terrorist threat in new york but I dont really care about that to be honest.

27 still not rich.........

somethings wrong when you know more than everyone around you but yet they have more money. DAMN YOU ALL

Quote Originally Posted by everfornever
    somethings wrong when you know more than everyone around you but yet they have more money. DAMN YOU ALL
    Not sure who you are referring to in this comment.

In the US there definately shooting, but rarely is it BIG. It seems to me that it's usually between rival gangs or for robberies of somekind. It is pretty easy to get guns around here. It's funny when you look at ads in the paper and you see that you can by assualt rifle type guns at your local gun shop.

So tidenburgs a Brit like the rest of us? Funny, with that name, I assumed you were from somewhere teutonic.

Well young dude, let me tell you, the USA is a great place, but Japan is where it is at for a video-game freak. First went there when I was 19 from Hastings, then went back to the UK, did the US for a year (lived in both NY and Silicon Valley/San Francisco), and finally returned to Japan where I ended up married. Can't say NY is all it's cracked up to be. For myself London is more or less on par with it minus the aggression.
    Silicon Valley is much better, with some of the most prolific and highest paid PC jobs in the world, and a fine selection of poon to boot.
    However, for playing games and finding friends who are massively into their huge huge game centers and massive internet cafes stock-full of MMORPGS, you can't go wrong with Japan. People here are just insanely into gaming. Arcade tournaments every Friday for new games just about everywhere.

Japan is the ultimate holiday for teenage gamers.

Sorry for de-railing the thread guys.

crossconscious
    Quote Originally Posted by tidenburg
    "Became a father when I was 19"
    So technically you only had one year of "freedom"
    ... but I'll be free again a lot sooner than most people

But seriously, I love my daughter more than you could imagine, so I'm more than happy to give up a bit of freedom.

If i decide i want kids when im older (i dont at the minute) id rather have a son, apparently little girls want EVERYTHING lol, I still se loads of people on FK as teens even though theyve told thier age in this post lol.