dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: simple preloading question

simple preloading question

I have a website that is loading in many external .swf's that are then loading in multiple xml files with .jpg's, .flv,s, etc. There are xml functions in the external movieclips that tell a ffunction to run when the xml loads.

So, my question is, if I load all of these xml files, images, flvs, etc in the beginning of my flash movie, will they have to be totally reloaded when it comes to loading them in the actionscript? Or will they be already loaded into the cache, and therefore already just be there or at least loaded quicker?

Put briefly.. will flash cache all the files loaded in the beginning for use later even if they are being called into different movieclips?
    -FRIG-5
    Das Konzept Design
    www.daskonzept.com

yes and no.. when it comes down to it, the size of the browser's cache is defined by the user... so you cannot count on caching the files to access them later.
    Please DO NOT PM me simply for individual help. Post in the public forums...that's what they are for, and they allow others to benefit as well. - Thx
    OS X 10.3.9 || Flash MX04 Pro
    | del.icio.us || furl || Helpful Source Files || Free Pixel Fonts |

so, what is the best way to perload images being called from xml files?
    -FRIG-5
    Das Konzept Design
    www.daskonzept.com