dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saving variables to a txt file.

whispers

The "Highlight" is dependant on IF there is a variable for that date.

Your method is a possibility, but can it be done using only 1 php file? Or would I have to create several? Wait.. what if I make the date a variable too..

I.E.
    &Day="day"
    &Month="month"
    &Year="year"
    &Text="text"

Could the php file then save these variables as "daymonthyear.txt" that contains the "text" variable?

NTD

What is this undocumented command that you speak of.. I have flash 5, maybe I can use it.

As for the JS/VBS stuff, do I post the variables straight to the script? Also, do I have to alter the script in any way to accept my variable names? Or will it just take them all?

yes... 1 php script.. you would pass along a var (for the text file name..ie: the day/date of the box the user clicked)

and then the inputField would be the data dumped to te text file.

Removing any helpful previous posts I mistakenly contributed to these forums.

See ya FK'ers
    Last edited by NTD; 10-19-2006 at 06:19 AM.

Ahh.. I know this command, but it doesn't appear to work online.

Well, thanks for all your help. I guess I'll have to change my approach to this.
    Last edited by kland; 09-12-2006 at 06:02 PM.

shared objects is another really good way to keep data that you don't need but a client does
    If the client was adding things to a calender, why not make shared objects with the data instead of sending them to a database. Keeping them on the clients computer isn't quite as a surefire way of keeping data, since dumb ppl sometimes erase shared objects, but it's a heck of alot easier

FK Slacker
    re: MMSave, from Flashguru's article:
    It can only be used within the Macromedia Authoring Environment, therefore it can only be used in .swf files that are going to be displayed inside of a panel in the authoring environment.

If you are creating a standalone projector file, you could use an app like Zinc ( http://www.multidmedia.com/ ) or similar, otherwise you will need some form of external scripting...

K.

Thx for the info!

However, shared objects wouldn't help in my situation. I want to be able to have any user see the update that any other use has made.

I happened to come across this script in php. The author said it would export all the variables in a flash movie to a .txt file. I haven't been able to get it to work though.

<?php
    $data="test.txt";
    $fp= fopen($data, "w+");
    $fw= fwrite($fp,"$QUERY_STRING");
    fclose($fp);
    echo "status=Done"
    ?>

Could there be a syntax error?