A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Prison Break DVD site

Prison Break DVD site

Hey guys,

I've been blown away by this site: http://www.prisonbreakdvd.com/PrisonBreak.html

How do you think it was created? I can see it being one of 3 options:

By using After Effects (or similar) to create the alpha masking effect on the video and importing one single video file into Flash. Unlikely as the filesize would be too heavy.

OR
    Alpha masking the individual clips using After Effects (or similar) and import as masked clips into Flash 8. If so, do you think they are embedded in the Flash movie or loaded in at run-time?

OR
    Using Flash 8 to import the individual video clips and mask them at run-time.

I understand that creating something like this cannot be easily explained, but if I could get a grasp of the concept then at least it would be a start.

Cheers,
    Steve

All i can say is 'wow'...
    As you say, i doubt very much this is one big clip as the size would be too heavy..
    Given the long preloading time, the short length of the looping clips, and the lack of delay for the onRollover vids; I imagine the clips are embedded as keyframe sequences and masked in Flash at run-time.. Not particularly complicated but very well-executed on their part. There's some pretty heavy AE at work in there too come to think of it.
    Regardless, damn cool site man