Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Outnumbered - Public Alpha - Violence Inside

[WIP] Outnumbered - Public Beta - NEW UPDATE

INSTRUCTIONS
    YOUR MISSION IS TO SURVIVE AS LONG AS YOU CAN. CHOOSE BETWEEN
    3 DIFFERENT WEAPONS, 6 SPECIAL ABILITIES AND 4 POWERFULL SUPPORT
    OBJECTS.

DURING THE FIGHT YOU CAN OPEN THE PURCHASE MENU (E) AND GET
    YOUR SUPPORT (E.G. HEALTH OR AMMO OR A NEW WEAPON).

TO EARN MONEY YOU NEED TO ELIMINATE ENEMIES, YOU GET A SPECIAL
    BONUS WHEN YOU FINISH A STAGE WITHOUT GET HIT ONCE.

YOUR ARMOURY IS CURRENTLY A PISTOL ON SLOT 1, A AK-74 ON SLOT 2,
    A PUMPGUN ON SLOT 3 AND A DUAL DEAGLE ON SLOT 4. THE DEAGLE
    HAVE A SPECIAL ABILITY, IT AIMS AUTOMATICLY AT A ENEMEY. THAT
    GIVES A NICE CINEMATIC LOOK (EQUILIBRIUM).

PRESS E FOR INGAME PURCHASE MENU!

ON THE BUTTON "Q" YOU HAVE AN LASER POINTER THAT YOU CAN
    PURCHASE TOO, THAT IMPROOVE YOU AMING.
    AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!
    BULLETTIME !!! - PRESS THE SPACE BAR TO HAVE FUN WITH THIS
    UNIQUE, NEVER USED BY SOMEONE, FEATURE =O) (THATS IRONY - I
    KNOW THAT MANY GAMES HAVE IT!)

SCREENSHOTS

OLD SCREENSHOTS
    Old 1 Old 2 Old 3

Old 4 Old 5 Old 6

CHANGELOG
    VIEW CHANGELOG

PLAY
    Fuchtelworld - WIP Outnumberd

All Comments, Criticism, Wishes, Suggestions, Money, Bras are welcome ;o)
    Last edited by X-Tender; 01-14-2007 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Update

Very impressive graphics and effects with the blood, gunfire, lighting effects. The way the sound pans is very effective.

Great work.

MichaelUK

Note the lack of mousewheel support for Macs.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

crossconscious
    Very unplayable on azerty keyboards due to wasd-controls.

@Vengeancemx: Sorry, have currently no Mac here at home to test it. You can also change the weapons with the Keys
    @Fall_X: An Keybinding function is on the way (like written in the OPTIONS menu)

crossconscious
    Well, yeah, but then I'd still have to go through the trouble of binding the keys manually
    I'd personally prefer it if the default is set to wasd, zqsd and the arrow keys (all three, they don't conflict), so most people would be able to play without fiddling with the options. Just my opinion, but I think it will make more people like the game.

Sorry, but i think that an options to cutomize buttons is theb est sollution. Every player have different favorite keys. WASD is the most used keycombo. I will not include 3 different keycombos, that woudl just make the code bigger and 3 IF querys ..

crossconscious
    WASD is the most used keycombo.
    Sure, in some countries, but there's huge parts of the world that have other keyboard configurations. Plus, I've never played a single FPS that didn't support the arrow keys out of the box (not that I played that many), so why wouldn't a flash game be that accessible? I just find it slightly discriminating and offensive that I would have to fiddle with key configurations, whereas others wouldn't have to do this, based on country.

that woudl just make the code bigger and 3 IF querys ..
    Erm... ever heard of "or"?

Well, it's your game off course, so do with it what you want. I just won't be playing it Good luck though. The graphics look nice.

The problem with the Arrow keys is that you have no real place for the other game important keys (bullettime,laser,purchse menu,throw button)

nice job. The game was too easy at first and I almost quit, but I really enjoyed the game from the 3rd level on. The AI was a little weird when you were close to the baddies. They rotated really slowly, and they could never catch up to you if you circled around them.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you go into bulletime and press space everytime it stops, you will eventually get to the point where you would have infinite bullettime.

I actually got it stuck on bullettime and couldnt get out!
    "Hello, I'm a famous person, and I'm for sale."

Check the spelling in the instructions

I liked the engine, it has quite some potential. The animation of the main character isn't very well adepted to it's freedom in movement imo. You can barely see it's 'walking'.

What are you planning to do with this beauty?

@TheLostGuru: I just created the small Levels to create some "Gameplay" Before that you just could add some Enemys and Kill them - Its still WIP
    AI: The behavior of the AI is currently that they rotate with a speed X to the character, at the same time they move forward in the direction they are currently looking and do avoidance Stuff (THANX TO TONYPA!!) . the X vale for the roation speed increments so it is not possible the run around an enemy all the time because after 1-2 seconds he reach such a fast roation speed that he gets you
    The AI is still tweakabel and i know that i build some functions into it to make it a bit better, but i doesnt want to spend to much calculations in it because when too much of this buddys are on the screen it could kill the FPS

@JamesMarshall: K, I never tryed to screw it up with Buttonmashing I check that.

@SaphuA: I was never good in english
    The walking animations is just a moving of the Body/Head/Arms also there the Foots mooving , of course i could make an complex keyframed animation but that would eat too much space and maybe Perofrmance (no f8 license == bitmapcache feature D= ).
    Plan? Hmm, add buttom customization ^^ Highscore, and then Tweaking,Tweaking,Tweaking .. :/
    I also want to make an better Background .. more atmospheric

Very nice game dude, LOVE the way the enemies bleed, how did you get it looking that fluid?

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    I like it a lot : i'd ideally like to see some diversity in the levels, with maybe bonus crates to get weapons, reloads, health, shields, what not ... also parts of the background where we could hide, etc ... but very nice job so far

last thing : i kinda have 5trouble to see the bullets, hence making it difficult to dodge them ... maybe bigger, another color ... ?

Neat game X-Tender great graphics too. One bug. If you hit space a few times you get infinite bullettime

@EvilKris: Its not realy complicated (just a bit) I just spawn a few Particles one ofter another with 4 different bloodsplat gfx and move them in the same vector direction like the bullet flyed. but the ttrick is that when the victim rotate or move the vector changes so it looks like it always comes out from the exit wound.

@luxregina: You can buy Health/Ammo/Weapons ect. from the Purchase manue that currently doesnt exist .. I can compare it to the way "Crimsonland" manage it.

The thing with the bullets is right, I had also sometimes problems to see them, I think about it.

@hooligan2001: Yap that was allready above-mentioned. The problem is that I doesnt just turn the bullettime on and off. When you start it the time decelerate and when you deactivate it, it accelerate. Use an Intervall for that.. must see where the bug is.

Thanx so far for to comments

pretty cool. but i have definitly seen bullet time implemented in flash games before.

I found the double-eagle's ability to move both arms is extremely hard to handle. I got quickly shot up while trying to unsuccessfully aim at two guys.

You should try to make this a scrolling game!

you should add obstacles to hide behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fall_X
    I've never played a single FPS that didn't support the arrow keys out of the box (not that I played that many).
    You must have stopped playing FPS's in the late 90's. Most FPS since then uses WASD out of the box. I know because I always have to go through the hassle of reconfiguring keys to use the cursor keys. This was true of Doom3, Half Life 2, and I think even Far Cry.

Great graphics. Great potential.
    Reloading was annoying. Is there another way? I think space bar for reload would be better.

Also, I hope there are plans for "speed" power ups, because as it is, the player moves way too slow.
    (I tested the IE version)