dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloading an entire Flash website (SWF)

Hybrid View

Preloading an entire Flash website (SWF)

Ok, this has probably been covered at some point, but I did a search and couldn't find it. Please link to it if it has been covered. Here's my issue: I have a complete Flash website (about 7 or 8 scenes), and I need create a preloader to load the entire site for use. I have found several preloaders online, but they only load images, and if I try to insert my SWF file (the website), it doesn't work. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Interactive Designer
    I think the 'preloaders' you are looking at must be javascript ones.

The preloader for flash, will be created in the file. check out

http://www.gotoAndLearn.com for some great tutorials on preloading, you can also download the files with the video tutorial and lift up anything you had a hard time grasping!

good luck!
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by armyvisual
    I think the 'preloaders' you are looking at must be javascript ones.

The preloader for flash, will be created in the file. check out

http://www.gotoAndLearn.com for some great tutorials on preloading, you can also download the files with the video tutorial and lift up anything you had a hard time grasping!

good luck!
    -Mike
    Hey, thanks for the tip. That website is great! Cleared up my confusion and I figured out how to make the website without scenes.

What's the problem using scenes?

I have just made a movie containg a load of entertainers - I used a scene for each one - great easy to find each acts page - I can't see the problem with using them - not using them seems complicated to me?
    You will know everything when you know you never will.

first off, some advice, you don't want to use more then one scene for a website. it just makes things too complicated. Second any preloader for a SWF will work. Third, you got to make sure you embed your flash correctly in your HTML/XHTML
    Xero Patience Studios
    Web Design
    Software Development
    Graphic/Logo Design

Hmmm, perhaps I am just not knowledgable enough on creating Flash websites. I wasn't aware of another way to link between different pages without putting a seperate flash movie in it's own individual HTML shell. Does that make any sense?