A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New RPG Please Read

New RPG Please Read

I am currently working on a New Flash RPG.
    So far ive come up with a few things and need a team
    It will be turned based, Alot like Adventure Quest (www.battleon.com) But with more realistic Sprites.
    I can make sprites and animation, Some minor Scripts and can Purchase a MySql server for the account database.
    It will be online, Not multiplayer (Maybe to some extent... IN the future) And if the team comes together, Hopefully it will make a profit.. Hopefully.
    Sofar i need:
    AS scripter
    PHP Scripter
    Sound editor
    Webmaster
    Flash Scripter

I think we need a PHP scripter to script MySql...Not sure, Can someone answer me that? :P

Ill post the story Tommorow, Neeeed sleeeepppp

Corey~

crossconscious
    It might help if you post some credentials (what have you worked on in the past, etc).

Hmmm,
    Ive been using Gamemaker, Game studio, Realmcrafter.
    Made various little games in those, And of course flash...
    nothing much else to show, I am a good artist =/
    Everyone has to start somewhere i suppose.
    I know enough about most aspect's of game design to understand everyones jobs and the Termonology and the way game design works.
    I have tryed my hand at almost everything...
    Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by corza334; 09-14-2006 at 07:21 AM.

Hi mate,

Just to prewarn you, every two weeks or so someone posts here they are making an RPG, and they need a team etc.
    Never seen one work yet, and people are here are quite cynical, so expect the odd flamey comment.

As Fall said, post something up. If you've got some good art then you'll get a lot more people interested than by just posting a story.

Good luck with it.

Squize.

=] Will do, And yes i expected a few flaming post's :P Once i get started with something, I persue it until i know there is absolutely no way to Accomplish it.
    And with this project, I feel it will be accomplished.

Anyway, ill start on the game, Post up some images of my art, Post up a story... Maybe some mechanics of the game.

Should be posted by end of the week.. I hope ^^

Corey~

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corza334
    =] Anyway, ill start on the game, Post up some images of my art, Post up a story... Maybe some mechanics of the game.
    hehe : that's what you should have had ready "before" posting that topic : it is so much easier to attract good wills with stuff to show

Anyway : good luck to you !

Like they say, talk is cheap.
    And that you "feel" this game will work out is meaningless. Successful ventures are PLANNED out, in detail. Do you have a game design document written up yet?

'Everyone has to start somewhere', but it's not here. Don't embark on such an ambitious project with no previous work to show, and without the skills to finish it on your own.
    Last edited by VENGEANCE MX; 09-14-2006 at 01:20 PM. Reason: '*****ious' considered as being a swearword
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Hey man I'll help you.......Check out mine I'm working on--> http://www.truimagz.com/game.htm

I been looking for peeps to work on projects with also, post some of your stuff.

if your curious to see some of my art work, go to www.truimagz.com then click examples, at the bottom right is an art book of my drawings, plus the page has a few example sites I've done. I used template ideas but not templates, I always remake them from scratch.
    Last edited by everfornever; 09-14-2006 at 02:31 PM.

'Everyone has to start somewhere', but it's not here. Don't embark on such an *****ious project with no previous work to show, and without the skills to finish it on your own.
    I do have skills of my own, just not enough to finish this project on my own.

Like they say, talk is cheap.
    And that you "feel" this game will work out is meaningless. Successful ventures are PLANNED out, in detail. Do you have a game design document written up yet?
    Yes, i have them.

Hey man I'll help you
    Cool. Thanks! Add corza334@hotmail.com to MSN please ^_^

Um, corza334, that's what I'm saying: only make a game if you are completely capable of doing every bit of it yourself; the other people on your project have to be just to improve efficiency (with the exception of server-side stuff, which you can probably get away with delegating to someone who understands it better).

For instance, your project plan shouldn't include variables like this:

Get other coder to make battle system
    Have artist design the inventory interface

Getting artists on your team should primarily be to add polish to graphics you've already drawn, rather than making them from scratch (I know you're intending to do the art yourself, just giving this as an example). Also do not plan elements of the game that you do not know how to make yourself. I have no actual reason for making these assumptions about how you're going to work, I just have a feeling that this is how it's going to be, based on the fact that you're trying to get others to jump on the bandwagon before you've even made a basic engine.

Also, what's the difference between 'Flash Scripter' and 'AS Scripter'?
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

I could do it myself.. Just i think it would be more efficient to have help, and turn out tonnes better. And i have no idea what's the difference xD Just wanted to put it there incase =/
    Thanks for the tip's, But i still am going about it the way i planned.
    I wouldnt just tell the Scripter to "Make a battle system" ^^
    I Would give him the mechanics of what i want it to do... I have actually made a battle system, but i cant get it to write to a server.

I have been part of game design teams, So im going to go about getting one and designing the game like i am now..

Corey~

I don't use messengers, I use vent though, post up what you need exactly, I'm a graphic design graduate, that's what I do. throw me a few things to look at.

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by everfornever
    I use vent though, p(...)
    World of Warcraft raider ?

Mate, the rest of the peeps on here are being awfully gentle to you, but putting it bluntly there's no way you're ever getting a show of hands for team members until you post something impressive on here first. And that's coming from a guy who actually wants to get onto a team.

Yes i know, Please give me some time, i said it will all be up by the end of the week... Im in no rush at all.
    Ok, i do not have a Vent channel.. But if u have one we can talk on there, email me the details
    (Corza334@hotmail.com)

EverQuest 1 lvl 70 bard, 65 shaman, 55 priest, 45 paladin

World of Warcraft lvl 60 priest (full bwl), 60 rogue (Grand Marshall)

Yea I'm a nerd, but the world needs those too =)

Both acounts cancelled at the moment, waiting for Vanguard.

p.s. I only play to pvp, I'm the one you love to hate. The guy you say has no life cuz I camp you for hours for no reason. hahaha.

just thought I'd throw that out there due to the previous post.

But yea I use vent still I got BF2, EQ, WoW, crews that shamefully are like family.

You do realize Ventrilo is used for alot more things than Runnin Raids in WoW and Everquest... O_o
    But anyway, 60 preist, 60rogue,2x 60 warrior, 60 mage.. all on WoW, I agree the world does need Nerds xD

Just to prewarn you, every two weeks or so someone posts here they are making an RPG, and they need a team etc.
    Never seen one work yet, and people are here are quite cynical, so expect the odd flamey comment.
    Its more oftern than 2 weeks...

Every one has to start somewhere, START SOMEWHERE ELSE
    92.7 Fresh FM for all your South Aussies - Doof Doof music FTW people!

Every one has to start somewhere, START SOMEWHERE ELSE
    No