dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing AVI's into Flash MX on a Mac

Importing AVI's into Flash MX on a Mac

Hi all,

Until recently, I have been using a product called WildForm Flix to import AVI movies into Flash format to enable import into other Flash movies. I was then using Flash 4 on the Windows platform.

I am now using Flash MX on Mac OS 10.3, so I cannot use this product.

Can anyone recommend an alternative AVI to Flash converter tool for OS X, or does Flash MX have the ability to import from AVI format built-in already ?

Many thanks

Ian.

Can't remember off the top of my head what support MX has for direct FLV conversion.. I think it can encode with the older sorenson codec.
    I personally use sorenson squeeze for OS/X, it's pretty good and you can try it out here: http://www.sorensonmedia.com/solutio...d/comp_mac.php

Thanks for the pointer

Since posting, I've discovered that Wildform have passed support of the Flix product over to On2Technologies http://www.on2.com, and the product is available for the Mac.

I also think I need to explore the new FLV Flash Video capability that appears to have been introduced with Flash MX.

Regards,

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by ianknight
    Hi all,

Until recently, I have been using a product called WildForm Flix to import AVI movies into Flash format to enable import into other Flash movies. I was then using Flash 4 on the Windows platform.

I am now using Flash MX on Mac OS 10.3, so I cannot use this product.

Can anyone recommend an alternative AVI to Flash converter tool for OS X, or does Flash MX have the ability to import from AVI format built-in already ?

Many thanks

Ian.

Hi ianknight! May be I can help u! There are vidflash.com service. U just load ur avi (or another video format) to website and get flash file. It doesn't matter what OS u have. Check it out!

hm... you can try Macvide VideoFlash Converter ... may be it help...

I suspect you need Mac Video to Flash Converter for that, if at all possible... if you are interested in it, here is a step by step guide about how to use it. My friend recommend to me, I used it to convert swf to flv and avi. works excellent. It can also convert mov, avi to swf/flv
    http://www.flash-video-soft.com/vide...converter-mac/
    I think it deserves a try.
    Last edited by baits; 03-30-2010 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dasli View Post
    hm... you can try Macvide VideoFlash Converter ... may be it help...
    +1 I also use this program, works well. If you need, I can give you a link