A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Auto run for pc and mac

Auto run for pc and mac

Hi this is probably a really newbie question but I have a client who wants a cd rom flash presentation that runs on pc or mac.
    Obviously I have to include both .exe and .hqx files on the cd but can anyone tell me the auto run code I should use so the cd auto runs on both mac and pc?
    I'm currently using this

[autorun]
    open=GS1rom1.exe
    shell=runit
    shell\runit\command=GS1rom1.exe
    shell\runit=GS1rom1

which works for pc but not mac
    Thanks a lot

It's been about 3 years since i've done a mac CD. I seem the remember you had to set the autorun using the burning software on the mac. Don't know if there are tools to do from PC software.

Do you know to create hybrid CDs (cd's that have a seperate set of files for the Mac and PC. The PC cant see the mac files, but the mac can see the pc and mac files but it autolaunches the mac files)?

Google "hybrid CD", and "mac AutoStart" for more information.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    All of these questions are answered in the 2nd thread titled FAQ (Please Read Before Posting.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Thanks for that - but one problem

Thanks for that - but one problem...
    I have downloaded cdeverywhere and followed the tutorial http://www.s-j-t.co.uk/flashkit/HybridCDv1.1.pdf and it has made an image that works up to a point.
    However my problem relates to the “stub projector”. The main movie with the actual content in (referred to in the tutorial as “main.swf”) actually needs to be a .exe file as it has pdfs that load into it using the code

on (release) {
    fscommand("exec", "gs1intoduction.exe");
    }

So it seems I need to load a second projector into my stub projector!!

But I can't seem to do this.

Can anybody help?

thanks
    m

You don't need to load a projector into a projector. When you load an SWF into a projector that SWF is able to do anything that a projector can do.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Is that really so?
    It's just that this command...

on (release) {
    fscommand("exec", "guidelines.exe");
    }

works (i.e. launchs the required pdf) when I publish it on a .exe and not on an an swf?
    cheers
    m

If you open the SWF by itself then it won't launch the PDF but if the SWF is loaded into the EXE then it won't have any problem launching it.
    Jason L. Wright

Thanks a lot
    m