dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Looking for a Mentor

Looking for a Mentor

This sounds silly, but I'm looking for a mentor who can help me with questions I might run into while designing my flash websites.

I am an art director here in Hollywood, and I have a background in graphic and HTML web design. I am trying to make the transition into Flash (with a lot of success), but there will be times at 4AM when I start pulling out my hair and staring blankly at the code in my actionscript window. I have read two books on general Flash 8, and I have a subscription to Lynda.com (both have REALLY helped), but knowing that I can come to someone with a question or two, and have it returned promptly would be my saving grace. Learning from you would be a great experience for me and how to develope my knowledge in Flash on a more personal basis.

I am currently doing a lof movie related websites, so slipping your name into the credits is one of the ways I could repay you.

Shoot me over an E-Mail if you think you could help, it's ejtrowbridge@msn.com. Much looking forward to working with you!

PS: And I already have one question I need help with, LOL.
    Last edited by EJTrowbridge; 09-21-2006 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention...
    Eric

Removing any helpful previous posts I mistakenly contributed to these forums.

See ya FK'ers
    Last edited by NTD; 10-19-2006 at 06:16 AM.

In particular right now, it's this one:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=704102

And you are right. There is a never ending abundance of knowledge here, however I work best with someone "guiding" me when situations get confusing. It tends to be quicker and more reliable. Maybe I am too used to having that confidant type on set and would like to have it in my digital explorations as well.
    Eric