dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLV Player with Playlist

FLV Player with Playlist

Hi Everyone:

I am trying to make a FLV player that will allow me to link multiple .flv movies into one player. I bought the Proxus Player/Lister for $50.00, but it's a piece of you know what. I want something to look almost like the video player on www.philadelphiaeagles.com. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

me too

any one know of a cool player with scroll/drop down menu. thanks

My flv player component can be skinned to look like the one at www.philadelphiaeagles.com. It's just a case of editing symbols in the library to replace the basic default graphics. So far there have been some excellent examples produced. I plan to put on my site as examples. Try the demo for yourself.

Hi Dene,

I too want to skin your player just like the Philadelphia Eagles, but I come across a problem I can't seem to fix.

If you click "pause" on your player, and then move the "seekbar", it starts to play as soon as you release even though you just told it to pause, not play. That's a problem, because the "pause/play" button is still set to "paused", not "play" and you have to hit the button twice to get it to react appropriately. It should only play again after you hit "the pause/play", not just by moving the seek bar. It makes the player look like it has errors, hence it make my site look like it has errors.

Please see for yourself: http://lsinteractive.com/chuckozeas/Pcom_flow.html

Can I do something about this?

Thank you

Hi Chris

Projem (Jerry) I live upstairs.

Just realised Im still subscribed to this after nearly a year.

I gave up on a cool clean flv multi player. I use the dreamweaver 8 import video and pick skin/buttons there, my flash skills limited to none. Keep me posted if poss.

www.a1rports.com/tours_windsor.htm

Thanks J

you can download my flash movie player from my library as well ..hoep it helps
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

-----------------------------------------------------
    Flash Certified Developer

Gee, thanks silentweed, so far so good, plug and play basically... The playback, pause and seekbar work perfectly, and I like that it's not a component so I can try and see what's going on.

If you have a moment, can you please tell me if this is an easy modification?

I'm going to have 4 pages (sections) with ten movies each, but I only want each jukebox instance (40 instances total) to play one movie per instance. I'd like to make the xml list have all 40 movies in it though and have each junkbox instance reference only the corresponding movie and play that movie only.

Thank you so much for the help, now the site is going to be perfect!

I spoke too soon. Not Plug and play exactly... I can't replace the control with and height for the life of me, after 5 hours. And I can't get the thing to restart at the end.

This is the 5th player I can't get to work for me. I know *I'm* the problem, I just don't understand AS enough...

I have to stick with Dene's then and live with this malfunction. I don't know what else to do except learn AS better.