A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New portfolio site for reviews (good & bad!)

New portfolio site for reviews (good & bad!)

Hi everyone,
    I am looking for some reviews and opinions on my site which can be found at www.dhwd.co.uk
    It is an updated version of one i had up before but with lots of minor changes and tweeks.
    I am also looking for people with the same interests to add to the friends page so please get in touch so i can add your site!
    Many thanks!

My First impression is that your site is very bland. I can tell that you have a hold of the code end of things, but your design skills are a bit mediocre. The biggest thing that I see is your use of fonts. Your "logo" is very boring and doesn't look good. The same, or very similar serif font is used for your navigation. I also noticed two on the sites that you had in your portfolio used the same uninspired font for their nav.

All your other design is very basic and a bit hard on the eyes, and worst of all it all looks much the same. Try branching out a bit in your designs, try something new.

My other biggest gripe is that you have some features that seem pretty useless. The clock and date at the top left you could do without, yeah it's cool you have code that can read the date and time, but everyone else can do that too. Not only that but I have a clock and my computer and wall. Also the product icons on the bottom, I've done this before as well, but on a very small scale. I just don't think they should be in plain view the whole time you can see the site, unless Adobe and Macromedia are paying you, then by all mean keep em'

The site is very cool !
    Only one thing : the color on the sides of the flash movie is not the same as the color of the html file background , I think

Keep up the good work !
    http://www.badhobbit.be
    --> Please, give me feedback in the "Member Sites" section here.

Wow! That hurts my eyes.

Other than then that your site is not bad it is simple yes, but there is definitely a lot to behold in simplicity.

It is a tad bland though.