A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Unrest over the pop-up advertisements

[RESOLVED] Unrest over the pop-up advertisements

There's a thread in the Coffee Lounge about FK's adoption of advertisement through pop-up notification: link to thread.

A lot of people are unhappy with this. We're more than willing to accept the inline advertisements scattered around the page, but pop-ups are really a bother, especially when they're placed in a forum where the user is constantly checking for updates or browsing new threads. With every page view comes the possibility of another pop-up advertisement and after a while, they really add up.

Would it be possible to somehow work in another type of advertisement so we can get rid of the pop-up ones? I've even changed my signature / avatar to gain revenue for the site as an alternative form of advertisement.

Also, a lot of users have problems maintaining system stability with IBM's resource heavy Flash advertisements (namely the one with the guy free-falling through the cogs.).

If you could at least take that one (free-falling guy) out and put a static image in it's place, that'd help out a lot.

A big thanks though to everyone who makes FK happen. We do understand that a lot of money is needed to keep Flash Kit up and running and we fully support any means necessary to do that.

- Genesis F5
    Last edited by Genesis F5; 09-29-2006 at 07:45 PM.

It looks like some changes were made. Thanks a lot for taking our recommendations into consideration. Flash Kit is far too nice of a site to have something as tacky as pop-ups.

Thanks again.

That's just a questionnaire that is run periodically, and never for very long. It's not an ad per se, but just research.

is it your research? If so, maybe you should have put the FK logo on there to make it not look like spam. If it was for your guys benefits, i would have clicked.

No, I don't believe it's our survey.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    That particular one seems to have run it's course for now. Haven't seen it in a day or two so I assume it's done with it's periodic run