A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: advice needed

advice needed

Hey, I've just started learning action script.
    I have used flash abit for animation and making buttons etc but im pretty new to action script.

Im in a middle of a University project where im wanting to create a 'walkthrough' of how to finnish alex the kid for sega master system.

The images attached are what i want to accheive.

Menu:

I want a menu that slides down from the top when clicked so you can select the levels... at the moment i have a button that sits at the top and when you click it, it plays a move of the panel sliding down. at this stage my next idea is to have it so that after .5 secs or whatever another button to appear at the bottom of that pannel which plays a movie of the pannel sliding up when its clicked.
    -i would like to have it so I could have the pannel at the solid object thats allways there and you can click and drag it down to open it or double click it and it will open.
    -i also want it do be able to display different info depending on what scene the main alex the kid animation is in.
    (the menu is only viewable in the 2nd image i uploaded and when its closed it will look like the pannel that runs on the left hand side)

Main alex animation:

I want this to be a step by step animation, when you click the right arrows the animation moves to the next scene and when you click left it goes back a scene...
    At the moment i have a button that loads the movie, im aiming to have the animation as a sepperate flash file with each step being a differnt scene, when you click the right button it goes into the animation and plays the next scene. Im not sure if this is the best way to do this but its my only idea.
    - have no idea code wise how i will be able to acheive this.
    - i also what the button that loads the animation to load it behind the controller, can i do this?

Im looking for any ideas of how i can acheive what i want to.
    Any help would be so greatful!
    Attached Images Attached Images